New iOS iPhone App Update released today (12th May)

Maddog1974

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Thinkware U3000 2ch, T700 Front & Internal IR
This should hopefully cure the App crashing issue when trying to download videos to your iPhone especially if your phone runs with the clock set in 12hr mode.

Any feedback gratefully received!

EDIT2: Yes, it appears the card I was using (PNY) has failed. I can see the contents but attempts to write or format fail. I've started the RMA process.

Kinda wish the F770's error reporting was a bit clearer, it looks like the card failed in the past couple of days while my wife was using that vehicle.

EDIT: since posting the following I've done further testing and it may be that I've coincidentally suffered a failed card. When I put a different card into the F770 the app works. I'm testing the card now and will follow up further.

Original:

The updated app, v2.2.3, does not work with my F770 at all.

With my iphone 7 connected to my F770 via wifi, I open the app and toggle the wifi connection to on.
The F770 announces the smartphone connection, then the app throws the following error popup, then the F770 announces the smartphone disconnection.

I've rebooted, power cycled, changed from 12-hr to 24-hr time, etc. No change in behavior. I am now *completely* dead in the water in terms of connecting my phone to my F770.

Previously my phone worked just fine with my F770 even in 12hr time.

iphone 7, ios 10.3.1. F770 dual cameras, latest firmware.
File May 12, 12 55 25 PM.png

Last edited:
I'll be polite here.

The updated app, v2.2.3, does not work with my F770 at all.

With my iphone 7 connected to my F770 via wifi, I open the app and toggle the wifi connection to on.
The F770 announces the smartphone connection, then the app throws the following error popup, then the F770 announces the smartphone disconnection.

I've rebooted, power cycled, changed from 12-hr to 24-hr time, etc. No change in behavior. I am now *completely* dead in the water in terms of connecting my phone to my F770.

Previously my phone worked just fine with my F770 even in 12hr time.

iphone 7, ios 10.3.1. F770 dual cameras, latest firmware.
View attachment 30881

Ive not updated mine yet. So can you not connect at all with the new update? I think i might hold off updating if there are issues.

Hold that thought, my iphone 7 automtically updated, but I have tried it on my F770 and everything still works. Cant see any issues at all.

dash cam version.PNG

Last edited:
Hmm... I swapped to a different card and am able to connect to the camera.

I'd reformatted the card in the camera a couple days ago and it was fine, but looking at the contents it seems like something may have happened to the card.

The camera otherwise seemed to be operating normally, GPS light lit up and it'd start wifi just fine. I noticed this morning though it didn't say anything about incidents in parking mode, usually would claim one for me getting in.

So this may be a false alarm as for the app, but does suggest there's an issue with the app/camera in its handling of a card problem

The new app has stopped the user from taking downloaded videos off the iphone via itunes.

Hmm. Never tried that. I just "Export to Album" and the videos show up in my Photos app, and flow to my other devices via iCloud if needed, though if I'm putting them on my phone it's to edit in iMovie on the phone and upload direct to Vimeo from there.

Back