New issue I've not seen reported

phil5743

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm new here and this is my first post. I got a 522GW last week and noticed that when you switch to 1080p60fps the view becomes cropped in comparison to both 1080p 30fps and 1440 30fps. I would put it down to the lower resolution, however as it doesn't do this with 1080p 30fps that can't be the reason. The difference really is quite significant. I'd be interested to know if anyone else has noticed, or if not could they check to see if their device does the same. Nextbase support's response is that their technical team will address this bug in a firmware update once the current situation has settled down. It seems to be quite a significant bug to exist and keep selling units without addressing - basically the specs of 1080p 60fps with a 140 degree field of view is incorrect.BF375CA5-A525-433F-A85A-8A561396FC9F.jpeg

Is that the low res files?
Can't you just use print screen, and use paint to give us the screenshot instead of taking a photo on a potato? ha-ha!

Sorry I'm not at home at the moment, but the difference is clearly shown between the 2 images which is a screen shot from my phone. It is the field of view, and is apparent in both high and low resolution files, and is purely related to what resolution is set in the dashcam - 1080p 60fps always gives the cropped view. You can see the house window is not visible.

As an update, Nextbase has confirmed that this is a definite bug affecting all 522GWs on the latest firmware. It effectively means that 1080p at 60fps is unusable unless you are happy for the field of view to be significantly cropped. There is no timescale to fix it either. I'm surprised they are continuing to sell them with false specs knowing this.

I was wondering about that, but from the number of bugs reported I'm not sure whether I'd be introducing a whole load of different issues.

Yes mine does the same in 1080p 60fps. I don't like it the recording is very unstable and poor quality in that resolution. 1440p and 720p at the rear is what I run, the quality is great. Though not had chance to use it in the dark yet. Hoping it is decent in 1440p at night.

I noticed the cropping as well a while back. I have never owned anything with so many bugs as this thing! It’s maddening how many problems it has

I've recently got a problem with mine also, it has started knocking its tits off on the mount thus resulting in wobbly footage. So I've gone back to my 612 up front and 312 in the rear.

Back