New lens for JooVuu X?

dirkzelf

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Anyone ever removed the lens from it's barrel and screwed another (M12) lens back into the X???

yeah i have tried 6-8 and 12 mm lenses in my X cam, but other wide angle lenses should also work as the case and lens ring are already made for those larger diameter lenses.
Off course you can not fit one of those insane fisheye lenses as they are even larger i diameter i believe.
As most cameras the lens in the X camera are just fixed with a little glue, so a firm grip and twist should make it come loose.

yeah i have tried 6-8 and 12 mm lenses in my X cam, but other wide angle lenses should also work as the case and lens ring are already made for those larger diameter lenses.
Off course you can not fit one of those insane fisheye lenses as they are even larger i diameter i believe.
As most cameras the lens in the X camera are just fixed with a little glue, so a firm grip and twist should make it come loose.

Thanks, I tried carefully earlier today, but it didn't come loose. I'm a bit reluctant to do it cause my X still works OK and I don't want to ruin it....

Thanks, I tried carefully earlier today, but it didn't come loose. I'm a bit reluctant to do it cause my X still works OK and I don't want to ruin it....

You can try applying some gentle heat with a hair dryer or heat gun. Just be careful not to cook anything.

yes some times you have to use pliers on the lens to grip it good enough, i use a thin pice of leather in between the lens and pliers when i have to go there, and off course not grip the pliers too hard and crush the lens.

I use one just like this.
2767.jpg

You can try applying some gentle heat with a hair dryer or heat gun. Just be careful not to cook anything.

Yeah exactly, I'm the kind of guy that actually would..... Hahaha, no kidding though, I'll think about it for a few days, and maybe try the F1. 2 lens on the X....

:whistle:

I use one just like this.
2767.jpg

I use those to apply new high pressure air tubes to the truck when the old ones break..... So I have those but in a whole other context.... :D

I have just uploaded a little video about when to abort in traffic, and as all sane people know not to take chances in traffic.
It have a little footage from the X cam with the 12 mm lens.

yes.
Its not so much about applying more force, its more getting a little better grip on the lens, holding the camera or mount assembly while unscrewing have never been a problem for me ( use hands in that end )

yes.
Its not so much about applying more force, its more getting a little better grip on the lens, holding the camera or mount assembly while unscrewing have never been a problem for me ( use hands in that end )

Yeah, it's about getting a good grip but also about being able to apply force without damaging anything.

most times the first time i try to loosen a lens with the plires the lens slip on the leather, so i apply a little more pressure to the pliers and that normally do the trick.

I have been wanting to replace my leather with a pice of rubber, but i keep forgetting to cut a little pice off from my friends excess garden pond liner.
I like that pond liner as it are a harder type of rubber, so it only being 1.5 mm will not be a problem though i intend to use it folded over so i have 2 layers.

So far i have not crushed a lens this way. ( knock on wood )

Anyone ever removed the lens from it's barrel and screwed another (M12) lens back into the X???
Do you mean yours didn't need refocusing :)? Mine was focused to about 12 inches when I got it. Took about an hour to take all the glue off.

Do you mean yours didn't need refocusing :)? Mine was focused to about 12 inches when I got it. Took about an hour to take all the glue off.

No, mine is spot on focussed, always was. Just thinking of trying some other lens...

I have just uploaded a little video about when to abort in traffic, and as all sane people know not to take chances in traffic.
It have a little footage from the X cam with the 12 mm lens.

Good call!! Saves your life, your car, two trucks and 2 new psychiatric trucker patients....

I think i should have been able to fit in that gap with my little car, but assuming that at the time would have been stupid, so the smart thing was to back off.

If the guy from the poop plant as i call it ( they make gas of poo in there ) had pulled out 0.4 M more it would have been a mess or at the very least wayyyy too close for comfort.
I saulted the guy pulling out as i passed and he waved back to me,,,,, just 2 professionals meeting.

Yeah, it's about getting a good grip but also about being able to apply force without damaging anything.

I have a pair of those pliers and that amount of force will never be needed

Just use common sense and remove as much rubbish before starting to twist the lens with your BARE hands

I dont have brawny Aussie hands, so some times i need tool aid.

Back