New lens for JooVuu X?

sadly all the many kilos i put on in the past 4-5 years are not muscles, at best what those kilos are can be used as insulation in the cold months to come.
If only i had a firm young girlfriend that could drag my wrinkly old pathetic ass to the gym, got plenty of fat ready to be turned into muscles, but i need help here otherwise i aint leaving this computer chair.

I have a pair of those pliers and that amount of force will never be needed

Just use common sense and remove as much rubbish before starting to twist the lens with your BARE hands

@Hombre, I'm often amazed at how often you make blanket pronouncements like this based on assumptions you've made that are not based on any apparent real world experience.

I was very happy to see that you finally went out and purchased a dash cam after spending almost two years regularly posting sometimes uniformed or misinformed commentary to this web site, yet aside from now owning a Viofo A119S there is no indication you have ever had any other hands on experience working with lens modules or camera components. This contrasts sharply with some DCT members who have had experience with literally dozens of cameras and who have dismantled many of them including having removed and reinstalled M12 lenses in more modules than some of us can count.

As it happens, in certain situations it can be extremely difficult to unscrew an M12 lens from a threaded module due to a variety of factors.

Case in point:
The specific reason I went to the trouble of creating that heavily padded rubber grip pair of pliers shown in the photos above was because one of the Mobius C type lenses released to the marketplace was literally impossible to remove with bare hands because it was very tightly seated in it's threads to the point where it required extreme force to get it to even budge. This was apparently caused by the increased friction in the threads of the newly introduced fiber reinforced plastic lens modules that required a lot of carefully applied force to unscrew the lens, especially the first few times.

You can read all about it and see those same photos I posted in my original posts on the subject in the following threads.

"Module Lens C2 "impossible to unscrew the lens by hand"

"Mobius support thread and Tech Guide"

Last edited:
I need to look closer on my next trip to the local Harbor Freight store, as I've been told they have decent small 'strap wrenches' which might work for this (or not). I really have no clue but I do know that a properly fitted strap wrench has an unbelievably strong grip on smooth cylindrical objects in general so the right size might do good here.

Phil

One thing for sure, I would have NEVER gotten the lens of with my bare hands, and I do not have weak ones.....

I used a strap wrench to turn a A lens and loosen the top part instead without moving the body. Separate the top part, turn the body finally. Screw everything together and adjust focus. Works OK now but not going to do any further adjustment on this lens.:D

I used a strap wrench to turn a A lens and loosen the top part instead without moving the body. Separate the top part, turn the body finally. Screw everything together and adjust focus. Works OK now but not going to do any further adjustment on this lens.:D

Can you let us know which strap wrench you used? :D Some of us are 'tool freaks' and we're always looking for good ones to add to our collections :cool:

Phil

looks like you can give someone a hefty Indian burn with it.

Back