New lens???!?

The warranty label looks a little fake, that's for sure.

thanks guys, pfiiieeeuuuuuwwwww, did I dodge a bullit there.....

Still I need a replacement for my died Mobius, and I'm looking for something different, albeit same type of form factor.

I have found the Runcam HD and Runcam 2, and the Foxeer Legend 1.

Any idea's on those?

Or should I wait for the next new Mobius 2?

Both the RunCam and the Foxeer are interesting cameras but as far as I know I don't believe either of them are suitable as dash cams because they are not set up to do looping. They seem to be specialized specifically for FPV.

The Runcam is not suitable for dashcam use.
Quote from Runcam (See original post)

"Hi,

Yes, it's not suitable for dashcam. We don't design and optimize the fonction for dashcam. If it is used without the battery, it will not autostart at power up and display the correct date/time.
You need to start it manually and correct the time via connection with the APP of your mobile phone. Hope it will help you.

Best regards,"

By chance I've been testing the Mobius2 auto-start/stop function today and my initial tests show it's more reliable than the current Mobius, albeit I haven't tried it with a supercap.
I don't know when the Mobius2 will be released and I don't have any more information to share, so please don't ask!

"Hi,

Yes, it's not suitable for dashcam. We don't design and optimize the fonction for dashcam. If it is used without the battery, it will not autostart at power up and display the correct date/time.
You need to start it manually and correct the time via connection with the APP of your mobile phone. Hope it will help you.

Best regards,"

By chance I've been testing the Mobius2 auto-start/stop function today and my initial tests show it's more reliable than the current Mobius, albeit I haven't tried it with a supercap.
I don't know when the Mobius2 will be released and I don't have any more information to share, so please don't ask!
I will not ask, but thanks for the update anyway :)

"Hi,

Best regards,"

Thanks for the definitive confirmation about RunCam's dash cam capabilities or lack thereof.

Thanks as well for the "tease" about the Mobius2. It is nice to hear something concrete and confirming about the camera's progress. Can hardly wait! It is hard to contain myself with all of the questions in my head about the new Mobius but I won't ask either. :)

FWIW, I've never had any reliability issues with the auto start/stop functionality of the Mobius1. The only time I've ever experienced such problems it was due to an electro/mechanical connection issue with the mini-B port.

"Hi,

Best regards,"

Yeah sorry guys, I posted this in RCGROUPS, but forgot to mention it here, thanks Isoprop!

Thanks for the definitive confirmation about RunCam's dash cam capabilities or lack thereof. Thanks as well for the "tease" about the Mobius2. It is nice to hear something concrete and confirming about the camera's progress. Can hardly wait! It is hard to contain myself with all of the questions in my head about the new Mobius but I won't ask either. :)

The trusted reseller mentioned above told me in email it would be after Chinese New Year....

wheneve that is.... could be october..... LOL

:D

Chinese new year is somtime between now and the next month or so, not fully into the deal, but its somthing like that.

But its not a 1 day deal like most of us have new year.

I got an offer from a trusted seller for a new mainboard and C2 lens for 59,00 USD shipped, however I could get a complete one for 69,99 here:

Any thoughts on that? I presume it's an original Mobius C2.

I ordered a Mobius replacement PCB and some other related Mobius parts from Banggood on 11/30/15 and paid extra for Priority 6-9 day shipping. The package finally arrived on 12/29/15 with only some of the items in the box. The other items didn't arrive until 1/19/16. They finally admitted that they "split" my order and sent some of the items from a different location via a different slower shipping method and it slowly became apparent that Banggood lied to me about when and how it was actually shipped in the first place. They gave me all kinds of excuses and dubious explanations and even sent me fake tracking information that seemed to be from someone else's order. At one point they claimed that my item was delivered even though it hadn't been and sent me tracking info to prove it but it was for a different package for a different customer and the item was delivered to a location 1000 miles from where I live. They also seem to have a new trick. They will claim an item was shipped and submit "shipping details" to their carrier even though they haven't yet really shipped your item. Stay away from them.

FWIW, Banggod is an authorized Mobius seller and they sell the real deal, assuming it happens to actually be in stock when you order it, but often they claim items like the Mobius are in stock when they are not.

Last edited:
Back