New member awaiting first dashcam

verumsolum

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A119S
I've been interested in a dashcam for a long time: at least a year of lurking on the forums here and considering which model to buy. There was also a brief attempt to use another camera for the purpose, which was predictably frustrating.

I finally pulled decided to buy the A119S, and had enough accumulated Amazon gift cards from parents and in-laws to buy the camera, the CPL, and the card and spend less than $3 from non-gift-card source.

I am hoping that I enjoy this as much as I've looked forward to it. And look forward to having some interesting trips and/or other-driver-shenanigans to share once I get it delivered and installed.

Let me close by mostly thanking y'all for all the tips and advice I've learned from here while I made my decision and waited until I had enough spare cash flow to buy.

Welcome on board verumsolum.

Hope you have some nice footage from VA to share soon.

Welcome on board verumsolum.

Hope you have some nice footage from VA to share soon.

Me, too…

The camera arrived this morning: now to figure out exactly where to stick it. My first idea won't work. The second one appears promising, but I don't want to place it there without my partner's double-check. Decentish picture when I held it up, despite the plastic still covering lens and screen; I'm sure it will be great once I remove that plastic and get the CPL on it. :) And get it mounted in place. I hope that happens tonight, but it might slip until tomorrow.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Introductions 3
E Introductions 4
A Introductions 1
roundasapound Introductions 8
D Introductions 3
Back