New member looking for first Cam input

ExactlyPro

Reaction score
Country
United States
Whats up.. I am looking for my first Dash Cam. I am not even sure what's available but I am looking for:

Front and rear cam - good to best night vision w audio recording
Be able to view video from cell(wifi)
GPS
SD Card compatible
APP Friendly
Am I missing anything?

The purpose wouldbe for traffic infractions...accident proof(video) and I have my pistol permit so I'd like to record interactions. Budget nothing crazy 50.00 to maybe uo to 200.00. Amazon friendly(Wouldn't mind using this gift card burning a hole in my pocket) Thanks in advance.

A good reliable camera with all the features your looking for. Is going to cost you over 200 bucks. The two main ones out there are BlackVue and Thinkware. BlackVue has a friendlier cloud management app. But Thinkware has a slight advantage on reliability and video quality.
I’ve had both. My last BlackVue was the F800 and currently have my 2nd Thinkware. Using the U1000. I went from Thinkware to BlackVue mainly because at the time. Thinkware wasn’t offering the cloud feature. And returned to Thinkware. Mainly because of the video quality. Specially at night and low light situations.
a good start point in this forums. Just look at the amount of problems and complains in each forum.
And I’ve been using this card. With no issues.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B07P7M6K35

A good reliable camera with all the features your looking for. Is going to cost you over 200 bucks
Cloud connectivity is not a requirement, so there are plenty of decent options under $200.

At the lower end look at Blueskysea, the B4K almost meets the requirements at sub $100, for midrange look at VIOFO, for example the A129, which will do rather better at night than the B4K.

Click on the link to Best Dashcams at the top…

Same here and I am following this thread waiting for some mid range price recommendations. :) thanks!

Back