New Model

sydney2218

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
mobius 1
My local supplier in Australai says the 5 is sold out & a new model/revision 5.8G is coming out . Anyone seen/used this new one ?

My local supplier in Australai says the 5 is sold out & a new model/revision 5.8G is coming out . Anyone seen/used this new one ?
Vicovation Marcus 5 is sold out. (in Australia at least). There is a new model coming to replace it. We have no confirmation as to exactly when, but it now appears as though it will most likely be in the second half of this year.

5.8G is a reference to firmware available on Marcus 5, as per Check Your Lights above.

Thanks , worth waiting as i need a new 2 camera set up.

Hi @sydney2218! We are working on the development on the new dual cam model. If you are urgent about getting a new dashcam, I would suggest you get 2 Marcus 2 and set them up on both the front and the back as a substitute for Marcus 5. You would get the same recording quality, both 1080p.

Hi @sydney2218! We are working on the development on the new dual cam model. If you are urgent about getting a new dashcam, I would suggest you get 2 Marcus 2 and set them up on both the front and the back as a substitute for Marcus 5. You would get the same recording quality, both 1080p.
Thanks .......

Any word on the possibility the new release will have both small front and rear cameras. Possiby separating the front camera from the controls and display? By that I mean have all the controls separated from the cameras. The front windscreen would have only the one wire to hide. As it is now you have three: the power wire; the GPS wire; and the rear camera wire. The control unit could sit lower in the corner or even at the dash level

Hi @CoastMtns! Thank you for your advice. We will pass it on to our development team. Our new duel model is still a work-in-progress project. We welcome any feedback and suggestions you may have.

Hi @VicoVation . I agree with what @CoastMtns has proposed. I think a dual cams system it is supposed to be left in car when parking: there are to many cables to remove. So, separating the cameras from the control unit will make them easier to hide.

Hi @Padwanjoe! There are some things you might have to take into consideration on this design if you don't like having to waire many cables. Separating the cameras from the processor unit would end up resulting more cables since you would have 3 power cables connecting to the front, rear, and main device separately and 2 cables to connect the cameras to transmit the videos to the main device.

You are right but using remote lens will allow me to keep them in parking like they are mounted when driving. If the new dual system will be in the same shape like Marcus 5 you have to take it away from the windshield when parking the car.

@VicoVation
@Padwanjoe
Perhaps I am confused about the set up. I understand the current set up with the Vico-Marcus 5 to be:
Processing unit with the front lens;
a power cord running to the processing unit;
a cord for the optional GPS unit
and a cord for the rear camera, no power cord to the rear camera.
Three wires to the processing unit.
If the rear camera does not need a power cord, only a cord running to the processing unit, can a front camera be set up the same way? Only a cord running to a separate processing unit from the camera. ie have the the front camera be the same set up as the rear.
I am not an engineer only a guy with a truck looking forward to the new iteration of the dual camera.

Do you mean that 2 marcus 2 can be setup as one 2 channel cam, can you explain how to set them up?

Two independently operating Marcus 2. One in front and one in back of the car. Two power cables, two cards, two cameras. You got the picture.

You are welcome.

Back