New models! LK-7900 ARA, LK-7900 WiFi, LK-9700 DUO, LK-7900 DUO

Jazzist

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Lukas LK7900 (stolen)
Just looking at the Lukas site and there are several forthcoming models.
LK-7900 ARA, LK-7900 WiFi, LK-9700 DUO, LK-7900 DUO
http://lukashd.com/eng/product_info/blackbox_14_1.html
I have emailed them and asked them for more information, though I guess this will go on the website when ready.

Hi Jazzist I hope you have more luck than I have.....the last communication with Lukas was way back in september and despite several emails I have sent since then had no replies....The last email they sent referred to the 7900 ARA with OBD2 when they asked for the make model and year of my car for a compatable OBD2 unit for when the cameras were available on the western market. I also sent several emails regarding focus problems some members were experiencing with regard to lukas cameras.Perhaps my emails are getting side tracked either way its disconcerting. Ipol

Hi Ipol, I am getting replies eventually and some/most of the time. They have sorted my camera hopefully and it's or a new one on its way back to me now. I used astrobile for service return as they are an official retailer and have a direct link to lukas, applect don't - astrobile did it even though I didn't buy from them I just had to pay £10 each way for shipping . Takes a few months and loads of emails for warranty service, hope it's in focus!

OBD II is nice feature.
Hope Lukas will rise a bit-rate with ARA series?

P.S. - claimed 2.5w ( approx 208mah / 12v ) as "lowest power consumption in Korea" is not true. Panorama II has 190mah recording (lcd off) and 160mah parking mode ). But I guess all competitors want to stand out with some "claims". Its just a business.

high @Jazzist and niko.....I emailed Lukas yesterday and had a reply when I fired up the PC a few minutes ago .....Mi Jin Yoon informed me that they have been working constantly to produce a OBD2 module compatible with non korean brand cars and hope to have the LK7900ARA with OBD2 available within a month for the western market......... In my Email I only mentioned the LK7900 but hopefully there will be other models available in the not too distant future. .......Ipol :D of course if I had gone out and bought a Kia......I wouldnt have had to wait so long.......:p

high @Jazzist and niko.....I emailed Lukas yesterday and had a reply when I fired up the PC a few minutes ago .....Mi Jin Yoon informed me that they have been working constantly to produce a OBD2 module compatible with non korean brand cars and hope to have the LK7900ARA with OBD2 available within a month for the western market......... In my Email I only mentioned the LK7900 but hopefully there will be other models available in the not too distant future. .......Ipol :D of course if I had gone out and bought a Kia......I wouldnt have had to wait so long.......:p

Myself personally waiting for their wifi model. Hope its also will be compatible with OBD2?

Have you asked Lukas about rising a bit-rate?

@ Niko not yet I sent my Email yesterday before reading these posts.I will send another Email this morning regarding the bit rate also the wifi and will post results of enquiry A S A P.....Ipol.....If I had your Email address I could have sent you a Saint Patrick's Day Ecard......oh well never mind :D update have just emailed Lukas posing the question regarding bit rate and wifi ......just a matter of waiting for the response

Last edited:
Email from Lukas this morning saying they are not currently planning to increase the bit rate (sorry about that Niko) but added future Wifi models will have OBD2 function. Thats all the information I have at this moment in time.....................Ipol

I wonder if Grandma can send me one... Lotte Mart or some other retailer?

Back