New Mount Option For A119S

Luv2Driv

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
VIOFO A119 (V2.02)
Took a look around and didn't notice a post specific to this but is Viofo in the process of developing an optional suction mount for the A119S that will be marketing in the near future?

Took a look around and didn't notice a post specific to this but is Viofo in the process of developing an optional suction mount for the A119S that will be marketing in the near future?
Not that I'm aware of. I think some have done a DYI suction mount though.

Not that I'm aware of. I think some have done a DYI suction mount though.

Ok, just curious because after researching this a bit it appears some owners of these units have had to come up with ideas other than taping a dash camera to the windshield. I sent an email query to Viofo last week and included in their response was that they were in the process of developing one. Thank you for the response.

Ok, just curious because after researching this a bit it appears some owners of these units have had to come up with ideas other than taping a dash camera to the windshield. I sent an email query to Viofo last week and included in their response was that they were in the process of developing one. Thank you for the response.
I'll have to ask as was not aware they were looking into making a suction mount for these.

I'll have to ask as was not aware they were looking into making a suction mount for these.

Yup, no problem at all. So, preamble: I am still torn between the A119S and G1W-S but the A119S is a 'tape on' attachment whereas the G1W-S offers a choice between tape, mirror bracket or suction mound and I personally prefer to choose how and where I want to mount my dash camera. So, as I am still considering the A119S model I emailed Viofo last Friday pertaining to the availability of a suction mount for the 119 series in general and the response I received from Bill Zhou (Product Manager) was that Viofo currently only has a suction mount available for the G1W but is developing an optional suction mount for the A119S model (his words).

Hope this helps.

Tom

OP,

what's the reason for you to not use current permanent taped mount?
I assume you want to use dashcam in another cars like rented and so on, or temporally , where suction works the best.
Risk is to leave the cam in rented car ...

keep in mind that as closer cam is to windshield as better - IMHO; less visible, less shake, less reflections

As a G1W-S owner, I can tell you that the A119S is a better cam. I chose mine because it is cheaper, I can't use a 'wedge cam' where I wanted it, and because I'm one of the last living 'fanboys' of the G1W series cams :rolleyes:

Phil

OP,

what's the reason for you to not use current permanent taped mount?
I assume you want to use dashcam in another cars like rented and so on, or temporally , where suction works the best.
Risk is to leave the cam in rented car ...

keep in mind that as closer cam is to windshield as better - IMHO; less visible, less shake, less reflections

Hi Mike...what you said is correct.

I've read that the A119 is a very well rated dash camera and initially, and maybe still am, leaning more towards it than I am the G1W-S which is also ok and comes with 3 mounts. I would prefer a mount mechanism that is 'clean' and which leaves no docking hardware behind and can be cleanly used in any owned or rental vehicle.

Stealth is not a huge issue and I stick to paved roads so I'm not too concerned with shake or vibrations. Appreciate your input, thanks.

yes, will be available soon

I just received another email from VIOFO LTD this morning indicating they are "working for A119S suction mount now, but the exact release date is not confirmed yet."

I just received another email from VIOFO LTD this morning indicating they are "working for A119S suction mount now, but the exact release date is not confirmed yet."

should be available within the next few weeks I would think

should be available within the next few weeks I would think
I am not a fan of suction mounts because most suction mounts are not very stealthy. Maybe the Garmin 35 is an exception cus the mount is tucked very close in to the DVR

I am not a fan of suction mounts because most suction mounts are not very stealthy. Maybe the Garmin 35 is an exception cus the mount is tucked very close in to the DVR

there are times where a suction mount is appropriate, people that need to move from car to car, short term install etc, I do prefer a 3M install myself but that's not for everyone

I saw the new suction cup mount sample when I was in Shenzhen last week. It's coming soon.

Hi: Are you able to provide a brief description of what you saw or can I assume it's a normal no frills type windshield suction mount with a slide connection to the A119S?

It's smaller than I expected in a good way. It should satisfy the occasional need for suction cup usage. (Rental car etc)

Hi: Are you able to provide a brief description of what you saw or can I assume it's a normal no frills type windshield suction mount with a slide connection to the A119S?
Here, have a thousand words (current market value for a picture apparently)

bf7e2c8c8f34b9ca7413fa521444c028.jpg

@jokiin - that's an awesome looking mount and it looks very adjustable too. Thanks for the pics :D

My semi-cheap side cams are on suction mounts attached to painted metal body trim panels. About every 2-3 weeks one will fall down reminding me to reset them again :p When I used one on glass in my car it was OK for about twice that long. A good suction mount is a viable choice, but if you're after a permanent install there are much better choices which don't need the regular maintenance suction mounts do ;)

My work-van set-up is not finished, hence the suction mounts I'm using. I now have an extra cam for temporary use elsewhere or as a spare should one of mine fail, and that is another possibility one should keep in mind. A semi-cheap cam and a small card can do the job adequately for most folks and if it gets lost, stolen or left behind it's not a big problem :) Then you can do a permanent install with your good cam(s).

Phil

I have a G1W-C and the suction mount CAN be discreet depending on the vehicle. Unfortuantly, the G1W lens cannot be positioned closer to the windshield, causing glare.

Can the suction A119 mount be adjusted so the A119 lens is close to the windshield?

Back