New Mount Option For A119S

I have a G1W-C and the suction mount CAN be discreet depending on the vehicle. Unfortuantly, the G1W lens cannot be positioned closer to the windshield, causing glare.

Can the suction A119 mount be adjusted so the A119 lens is close to the windshield?

Doesn't matter, even if you have the lens almost touching the windshield, reflections won't go away.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter, even if you have the lens almost touching the windshield, the glare won't go away.

correct, reflection is related to the angle of the lens to the windscreen, moving it closer to the window doesn't stop reflection, it just alters what is actually reflected, further back from the window is more likely to pickup dashboard lights, the radio etc which will show up at night, other than that there's not a lot of difference either way and it is very vehicle dependant on what sort of reflection problems will be had

I'm new here on the forum and just ordered my A119S yesterday from OCD Tronic. While waiting for it to arrive i was trying to find out the best physical location to mount it in my 2013 Toyota Camry. I have some kind of black dots on my windshield all around my rear view mirror and wasn't sure to use the GPS adhesive Mount right on those dots or not? This is my first ever Dash Cam so i need to learn everything I can before i make a mistake. Also need to know if the cam should be on the Drivers side and visible to me when mounted..how high up...how to adjust the lense, etc.? How do you determine the proper place to mount a camera? I tried reading much older info on this subject and tried youtube also but not really finding answers. Any pictures would be great and much appreciated, Thanks in advance..

I'm new here on the forum and just ordered my A119S yesterday from OCD Tronic. While waiting for it to arrive i was trying to find out the best physical location to mount it in my 2013 Toyota Camry. I have some kind of black dots on my windshield all around my rear view mirror and wasn't sure to use the GPS adhesive Mount right on those dots or not? This is my first ever Dash Cam so i need to learn everything I can before i make a mistake. Also need to know if the cam should be on the Drivers side and visible to me when mounted..how high up...how to adjust the lense, etc.? How do you determine the proper place to mount a camera? I tried reading much older info on this subject and tried youtube also but not really finding answers. Any pictures would be great and much appreciated, Thanks in advance..
Mounting on the black dots is fine, just make sure you mount it low enough so that they won't be captured by the lens. Left or right of mirror will be user preference. Also make sure you don't mount it too close to the roof. You'll need enough room to be able to slide it on and off the mount.
After you mounted it, you'll want to aim the lens so that you have about 60% road/hood/dash and about 40% sky.

Mounting on the black dots is fine, just make sure you mount it low enough so that they won't be captured by the lens. Left or right of mirror will be user preference. Also make sure you don't mount it too close to the roof. You'll need enough room to be able to slide it on and off the mount.
After you mounted it, you'll want to aim the lens so that you have about 60% road/hood/dash and about 40% sky.

Thank you for that great info, much appreciated. Maybe i should wait for the suction mounts before i stick on the Adhesive mount?

Thank you for that great info, much appreciated. Maybe i should wait for the suction mounts before i stick on the Adhesive mount?
You may be waiting awhile for the suction mounts. They are just now getting ready for manufacturing. Suction mounts won't mount on the black dots either.

Until the official VIOFO suction cup mount is ready, here is a good 3rd party solution that works well. It's very stable/solid. (I have several customers using these now) Just stick one of the spare mounts to this. (or your primary mount if this is a full time plan)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B000FGI9R0
61bRuiYpW7L._SL1000_.jpg

Until the official VIOFO suction cup mount is ready, here is a good 3rd party solution that works well. It's very stable/solid. (I have several customers using these now) Just stick one of the spare mounts to this. (or your primary mount if this is a full time plan)

61bRuiYpW7L._SL1000_.jpg

Thank you,I just ordered one after seeing your post.

Suction cup must be reinvented in some way. I am waiting for that day.

enjoy,
Mtz

Preparing mass production for suction mount now.
this may not be the correct forum but will new suction mount plannd for production also work with the A119?. Also, will the suction work for both V1 & V2 GPS Logger?

this may not be the correct forum but will new suction mount plannd for production also work with the A119?. Also, will the suction work for both V1 & V2 GPS Logger?
You would use the suction mount instead of the GPS mount. Can't use both. Suction mount will work with A119 and A119S, V1 and V2.

Also make sure you don't block any sensors you may have on the rear view mirror with the camera. I had to mount mine on the right side of the mirror due to a sensor that would be blocked by the camera if mounted on the left.

2015 Nissan Frontier Pro-4x.

Thank you for your reply,i'll be sure to check for sensors when I do the install.

Also make sure you don't block any sensors you may have on the rear view mirror with the camera. I had to mount mine on the right side of the mirror due to a sensor that would be blocked by the camera if mounted on the left.

2015 Nissan Frontier Pro-4x.
just curious what sensors are on the back of the mirror?

61bRuiYpW7L._SL1000_.jpg

I spotted this mount months ago which can easily be modified and with a decent sticky mount for sure

Back