New NanoQ

johnf

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ordered one from Gearbest 3 weeks ago just to try, for $30 USD delivered I figured I had little to lose. Much to my surprise, I actually like it!

Just upgraded firmware, which has resolved the GPS time issue (for the most part.) Video quality is surprisingly good day and night, far better than I expected for the price, focus is spot-on. Parking mode doesn't totally suck, though I won't use it much, may just opt for time lapse occasionally if I'm parking in a 'strange' area. The 'super cap' has not screwed up closing a file yet, and no issues with the LV heat (yet). Build quality is certainly not top notch, but with some care it looks like it may last a while. I really can't come up with anything bad to say about it, considering.

It has two different 1080 modes, one called 'boost'. Same resolution, but transfer rate must be higher (of course larger file sizes) as it is still 30 fps. Of course, has various lower resolution selections. All in all, seems to be a good value for the stupidly low price. May buy another another to slap in an old truck that doesn't get driven much, doesn't get locked. If stolen, only out the price of a couple beers and shots at the local bar - thats probably where it'll be stolen, now that I think about it...

John F

Ordered one from Gearbest 3 weeks ago just to try, for $30 USD delivered I figured I had little to lose. Much to my surprise, I actually like it!

Just upgraded firmware, which has resolved the GPS time issue (for the most part.) Video quality is surprisingly good day and night, far better than I expected for the price, focus is spot-on. Parking mode doesn't totally suck, though I won't use it much, may just opt for time lapse occasionally if I'm parking in a 'strange' area. The 'super cap' has not screwed up closing a file yet, and no issues with the LV heat (yet). Build quality is certainly not top notch, but with some care it looks like it may last a while. I really can't come up with anything bad to say about it, considering.

It has two different 1080 modes, one called 'boost'. Same resolution, but transfer rate must be higher (of course larger file sizes) as it is still 30 fps. Of course, has various lower resolution selections. All in all, seems to be a good value for the stupidly low price. May buy another another to slap in an old truck that doesn't get driven much, doesn't get locked. If stolen, only out the price of a couple beers and shots at the local bar - thats probably where it'll be stolen, now that I think about it...

John F
I jinxed myself. GPS quit overlaying speed on video, just re-installed the latest firmware and now its working again. There does seem to be about a 2-3 second lag in the speed readings, but I may wind up disabling GPS anyway, so not a huge deal. Could not get the firmware installed using a 64gb Sandisk, had to use a 16gb Samsung Evo and it installed perfectly. Seems to be a bit picky about memory cards.

Did you get it for $30? Currently it's listed for ~$75.

Did you get it for $30? Currently it's listed for ~$75.
Yes, actually paid $32 as I opted for mail insurance. You do get what you pay for sometimes though, as after 1 week of moderate use the GPS has quit working, and the buttons are flakey. The 'ok' button now acts as the 'up' button about half the time. I could tell the build quality was not great, but now have to change that rating to 'crappy'. I've mounted it in the old truck, disabled GPS as it only records '000 mph', and will struggle through the intermittent buttons response to format the card every couple weeks. So it still provides very good quality video both day and night. Have an older Mini 0905 in one car, a new v3 VIOFO 119S in another, both are leaps better build than the NanoQ. I think next on the list will be a StreetGuardian if the NanoQ quits entirely. Initial response (none) from GearBest on the problems do no give me a lot of hope they will replace it (I'll give them time), so I'll treat it as a learning experience. And, maybe it will continue to provide good video forever, who knows. I must say that Nanodashcam did manage to get the focus perfect, and the lens / sensor combo is really nice.

If you see an old beat up Land Rover DiscoII parked up in the northwest end of LV unlocked with the windows rolled down, help yourself to the NanoQ, just leave the power cord and other stuff alone :)

----------
oh, pop out the microSD card and leave it on the seat pls
----------

John F

Last edited:
Ok, I see @johnf, must have been a deal they had that is now gone. $30 is a very good price for that dashcam.

Ok, I see @johnf, must have been a deal they had that is now gone. $30 is a very good price for that dashcam.
"Flash Sale" they call it, low price for a few days, you can sign up for email notifications on their website. Much is shipped from China, but this was sent from US warehouse, so only took a few days.

John F

Back