new owner don't understand behavor.

trueglich

Reaction score
Just installed this one on Saturday the 1st day the red blicking light seems to stay on all the time even if the car had been sitting a while and a look at the video basically showed it was recording even with car off but app only showed a last few hours my previous cam gw1-c got a lot more time out of a 32 gig card. This morning i noticed light was out till i pulled my car out then it woke up.. turned on wifi by its self and said starting recording. When i got out of my car at work i waited and it seems to stay on so that was that . left work and same thing wifi turned it self on . parked at home 2 hr ago walked and it yep no lights turned on car it came up connected my phone and well there is recordings of last 2 hours in cam even though the light was off. this time i turned off car and sat there for about 1-2 min and then the cam beeped and the red blinking light turned off.. The car was wired in my local stario shop with blueskys wireing kit off amazon. so what exactly is happening here? its going to some sort of sleep where the lights going off but its still recording? and i hostely whould pref the wifi stay off till i press button for privicy reasons.

Just installed this one on Saturday the 1st day the red blicking light seems to stay on all the time even if the car had been sitting a while and a look at the video basically showed it was recording even with car off but app only showed a last few hours my previous cam gw1-c got a lot more time out of a 32 gig card. This morning i noticed light was out till i pulled my car out then it woke up.. turned on wifi by its self and said starting recording. When i got out of my car at work i waited and it seems to stay on so that was that . left work and same thing wifi turned it self on . parked at home 2 hr ago walked and it yep no lights turned on car it came up connected my phone and well there is recordings of last 2 hours in cam even though the light was off. this time i turned off car and sat there for about 1-2 min and then the cam beeped and the red blinking light turned off.. The car was wired in my local stario shop with blueskys wireing kit off amazon. so what exactly is happening here? its going to some sort of sleep where the lights going off but its still recording? and i hostely whould pref the wifi stay off till i press button for privicy reasons.
Just tell me how you hardwired the dashcam? Red wire to 12V always-on socket, Black wire to GND, and Yellow wire unconnected!
And if the camera beeps per 5 seconds, it indicates the card error, you can format the card in the app or change to a new card!

hate to say i don't have a clue on how it was wired because i had a shop do it with the hardware kit from amazon the one the plugs into fuses. I just flashed in the wifi off firmware and curretly sitting on my night stand usieng my tablet charger to see if red light goes off. My car is an Ionic plug in hybrid if that makes any diffrence. As i said it seems to be recording even with red light off. I also tried just letting it sit with wifi on and it stayed on till i shut it off manauly and all lights when off (this was before the firmware flash i just did with the wifi off firmware.

update its been sitting alone on my desk now for 5 min and red light is still blinking.. I am going to move it back to my car. also Just for notes When i looked at videos on card in my pc i saw a many more hours of vidioes then i saw in my app. also i see this videos seem to be a lot bigger the then my old g1w-c

You can scroll the preview interface to load all videos clip in the APP!

ok new update.. I did try scrolling and it stoped hours before (only went back 3 hours i found 6 on card. Back to power light. Well i put it back in car. Green light for 5 sec then red flashing no wifi (as intended) stood outside car in cold for 8 min still red blinking.. so thats a change.. I assume this is intended behavior?

Please check its firmware version for me in its APP, if this is the firmware 180528s, it should keep recording even if car parking; If this is the firmware 180614s, it should stop recording and enter parking mode within 3 minutes if no movement detected by the camera!

I did't look before i got in car for light.. When i sat down cam beeped and the red light was on solid for 2-3 sec then turned off. Pressed button but no response. Pressed the cars start buton and cam lit up and started blinking red. Checked app. I have 4 hours of contuius recordings of parking space cam firmware was 1.06.180528s same as it was before i flashed it (but I guss i had wifi on firmware from amazon and now i have wifi off firmware)

Pressed the cars start buton and cam lit up and started blinking red. Checked app. I have 4 hours of contuius recordings of parking space cam firmware was 1.06.180528s same as it was before i flashed it (but I guss i had wifi on firmware from amazon and now i have wifi off firmware)
You need to load 20180614s Auto parking mode firmware and PM the firmware download link already, please check your inbox message!

hav't had a chance to try firmware but think we may have found issue. Cam was not able to post at all today just solid green light no beeps or reactions at all while on the hard wire kit. Works fine on ligher power cable or my tablet charger., Took car to shop that installed it. they ran test cable is failing. I have a RMA in with amazon.

oh that and the sticky failed. (not happy about that) used another sticky pad to re-attack to window after giving glass a extra good cleaning..

Works fine on ligher power cable or my tablet charger
It indicates it is not the problem with the dashcam!
Took car to shop that installed it. they ran test cable is failing. I have a RMA in with amazon
If you use this mini0906 hardwire kit for B1W, please double check the cut-off voltage value on the hardwire kit! We experienced that it cannot power on if your car battery working voltage below the setup value on the hardwire kit!

If you use this mini0906 hardwire kit for B1W, please double check the cut-off voltage value on the hardwire kit! We experienced that it cannot power on if your car battery working voltage below the setup value on the hardwire kit!
Can you expand on this statement.. i am not a car guy i had this installed by a local stereo shop.

The hardwire kit will protect your dash camera from draining your vehicle battery. If battery voltage gets too low, the hardwire kit will cut off dashcam power automatically. There are 4 levels for battery drain protection--- 11.8v/12v/12.2v/12.4v, So, please double check its cut-off value on the hardwire kit.

ok new hardwire kit installed. Car has sat still for 4 hours and still red blinking light.. I have not installed beta. so i think i just had a dud kit the first time..

ok new hardwire kit installed. Car has sat still for 4 hours and still red blinking light.. I have not installed beta. so i think i just had a dud kit the first time..
Yes, you should load the 20180614s auto parking mode firmware, so it can enter the parking mode after the engine off!

Back