New owner of 7200

timo

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Cuty2 LK-7200 FHD
I recently purchased a 7200. I am pretty frustrated with my attempts to configure this camera. I basically want to film while i'm driving and record when parked using motion detection. i have many questions that hopefully someone can answer for me. Under basic settings I have both enable auto switch to parking mode and auto switch to driving mode checked but neither seems to be working. I have not seen it automatically switch anything. I manually put it in parking mode while sitting in my truck puffing a cigar. two cars came down the street approx. twenty minutes apart. It recorded the first one not the second one. I have no idea what cutoff voltage is all about. The camera came with the cigar lighter cord even though the website stated it was optional. It did not come with the standard direct wire cord. I have use external power checked. I do not have the enable G-sensor checked. If anyone can help me with these things I will greatly appreciate it.

Did you hardwire it to permanent power through the fuse box or are you using the supplied cig lighter cable?
If you're using the cig lighter cable maybe your socket is not an always on type and shuts off after a certain amount of time.
Cutoff voltage is a setting that when the cam is hardwired to perm. power, it shuts itself off when your car battery reaches that threshold in voltage.
This is to hopefully avoid a battery drain that would leave the car in a no start situation. If the car is driven on a daily basis it usually would not be a concern given an otherwise healthy battery.

Thanks for the reply Gurkha9, I am using the lighter plug. I was sitting in my truck with the engine running during the whole time. I didn't observe the camera lose power at all.

Today it switched from always to park mode automatically. It did the same thing to night in park mode using motion detection, Captured first car missed second car which were twenty minutes apart. Motion detection seems a bit sporadic.

Today it switched from always to park mode automatically. It did the same thing to night in park mode using motion detection, Captured first car missed second car which were twenty minutes apart. Motion detection seems a bit sporadic.

what were the conditions at the time and how fast were the cars going?

I live on a dead-end street so both cars were traveling about same speed 15-20mph. It was dark with streetlights and my headlights illuminating area. It did capture my neighbors Christmas lights being shutoff so not sure why it missed one car?

I live on a dead-end street so both cars were traveling about same speed 15-20mph. It was dark with streetlights and my headlights illuminating area. It did capture my neighbors Christmas lights being shutoff so not sure why it missed one car?

what colour was each car?

I also got the 7200. Mine has no problem switching between parking and normal mode, and the motion detection seems fine. It picks up a person walking >20 ft away. By the way, the manual says the motion detection does not use the bottom 33% of the screen. May be the second car was in the lower part of the screen, or the motion detection level was not high enough.

Both cars were dark colored as it was night time also.
The truck was parked both cars traveled the same route. Conditions were identical for both cars. The motion detection is very sensitive just wondering why it missed a second car on two different occasions under similar conditions. Maybe my neighbor has stealth model car. I'm trying to familiarize myself with camera and settings so maybe it's me. I did do a lot of drugs in my younger days and could possibly be hallucinating.
haha

I did do a lot of drugs in my younger days and could possibly be hallucinating.
haha

appreciate your honesty :D

anyway have a look at the link I posted earlier about how motion detect works with the cameras sensor, even something like the aim of the oncoming vehicle lights differing, how long they are in frame etc can have an impact on the cameras ability to register motion

I read the whole article. I have some experience with motion detection with a mega pixel camera I use in my home. One possible explanation I'm thinking about is the heater in my truck and does the camera shutdown due to heat from defroster. If it does how does it work. Does it temporarily shut camera off? Does it just stop recording?

I read the whole article. I have some experience with motion detection with a mega pixel camera I use in my home. One possible explanation I'm thinking about is the heater in my truck and does the camera shutdown due to heat from defroster. If it does how does it work. Does it temporarily shut camera off? Does it just stop recording?

it would be unbearably hot if that was the issue, your heater won't generate the kind of temps required for the camera to shutdown

Agree with jokiin. The shutdown temperture is 70 C (158 F).

Another possibility is too dark. The image from 7200 is very dark and very noisy by default. Try to set the brightness to 3, AE to low, and noise filter to 3. Also, remove the UV filter will brighten the image a little bit.

Last edited:
Back