New owner queries

Ollie99

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, just picked up my 412, so far excellent. Just a couple of functions I'm not sure about. Firstly the sensitivity is set to medium, but I only need to open my door or a car drives past when parked, and it brings up the padlock sign. This is surely saving loads of saved recordings leaving no room for REAL ones. Secondly if I see something happening or possibly about to happen, do i press OK to start a new recording then protect, or just protect. Thank you in advance for any advice.

I would turn the g sensor off otherwise the dash cam will have lots of unnecessary files saved, turn on parking mode will be much more of a benefit. As for the emergency recording yeah I think press the red ‘ok’ button

All the time I ran the 412, and other dashcams, with a good size card, I never saw the point of trying to 'save' any particular clips. It recorded every journey from start to end so if I needed to see anything again, it was there, in its timely place.

= +1 for the G sensor off

Ok thank you, I've got Park mode turned on already. I didn't realise you could turn off the G sensor, I thought that needed to be on. I guess it's worth formatting the sd card once I've made the changes, because it's probably full now. Even just getting in the car is enough to bring the padlock up on the screen and protect a recording !

To clear the memory card of locked read only files you need to format it in the camera or on a computer.

Also, if the G sensor is switched off, will it still protect a recording of a collision automatically ?

So you need to make sure you download it afterwards to your phone or there's no proof it happened ?

If you don't get knocked out in a really bad crash you just press the manual event button if you have any form of event you like to save / share later on.
If you get knocked out a decent sized memory card should still mean your event will be safe in among the regular recordings as turning off power on your car should be the first order of the day for anyone at the scene of the crash.
I don't use any form for sensors while driving never had, camera record all the time so i just press the event button as i have found it hard to remember when on the journey things happened, even on familiar routes i drive.
A 64 GB memory card will hold about 8 hours of footage as i recall, so if you have a event right at the start of a 4 hour drive then the event will still be there when you get home as you have to drive much longer before those files get recycled.

64 GB are the smallest memory card i can if good faith recommend anyone, so 128 GB if you have a dashcam with 2 cameras.

Last edited:
If you know roughly where the incident happened and you didn't save or protect the file then just use Replay 3 to identify the start and end of each clip via the map display to avoid having to play them.

If Ollie downloads the video to his phone, will the clips be in the lo res or hi res format?

Ok, so I've been using it for a few weeks now, I've turned off the g sensor, but the camera still comes on when I'm parked up, with just the vibration of another vehicle driving past, this is probably why the battery is constantly flat. Also, when I first get in and drive off, the red padlock comes on protects that file, therefore my memory card is full with unnecessary files !

That is parking mode setting not the g-sensor setting, they are different but in the same menu.

Ok, I'll have a play with that setting too, why do you think it protects the file when I initially start the car and move off though. Is that normal?

Yes, it thinks the car has been hit so protects the evidence.

Ok, I just wanted to check it's working correctly. I guess you end up with a memory card full of these 2 minute clips

Not if you turn off parking mode and reduce the G-sensor

If I turn off park mode, will the camera still fire up if the car takes a knock when parked?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
JonCoopaWorx 412GW 14