New owner question about video length 1/3/5

Because it has a fairly low bitrate, things don't tend to get wiped out before the end of the day anyway, and if they are really important then either swap cards, or connect your phone to the wifi and download the important bits into phone memory so that you have a backup copy. The app has a function to download selected files into the phone, very easy to do, and quicker if the files are not too big.
I don't think you can download video files to an iPhone over wifi.

I don't think you can download video files to an iPhone over wifi.
Then get yourself a decent phone, or maybe a cheap little Android tablet with a nice size screen to keep in the car and use for dashcam video and web browsing (tethered to your iPhone)!

Don't know much about iPhones, why would it not have download functionality?

File download to the iPhone. iPhone XR IOS 13.1

I'm not familiar with this cam. Does it have a save button? Would this save just the current 1 minute section? What if you're a bit slow hitting the save button, and you only save a minute of worthless footage that happens after the critical event

Yes, it has a save button. And yes, it only saves the current 1/3/5 minute section, so with 5 minutes you do get more chance to save the clip you want.

However I use 1 minute files for dashcam testing as they are quicker to upload.

Hello, if you had a bad luck problem recording worthless footage, then check this thread and try the beta firmware on it. https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/emergency-recording-at-end-of-video.39344/

Back