New owner questions, new firmware?

htran61495

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello, I just received my Panorama G today from pier28 and I'm loving it, I have a few questions.
First, is there a page where I can find new firmware? or where I can occasionally check for updates? I only see this info being PMed in the threads I've searched.

Second, is there any way to disable the LED or GPS because my main goal for the Panorama is for it to be a parking lot warrior therefore I would like to have it use the least amount of power possible. I have a discharge prevention device hardwired.

Third, for the G sensor which setting is the most sensitive? High?

Thank you!

High is the most sensitive

Power consumption is the lowest around already, disabling the LED would be an immeasurable difference

You will already have the most recent firmware

Hi Welcome to the Panorama G club, if you just ordered it should already be on the latest firmware 1.01.02 We don't have an official distribution list for when new innovations/updates become available. All I can suggest is stay tuned in the Panorama forums here.
As Jokiin said the Panorama Zoran based products already have the lowest power draw around. You've definitely invested in a premium product. The pre-buffered motion detection is perfect for your parking mode needs.

And what about at night during parking mode? I think the lights attract too much attention and increases the risk of a break in. I suppose I could just put black tape on it unless there is another way. I appreciate the replies everyone:)

Is there something wrong with my model? I'm viewing the videos on my car parked in a parking garage and I cannot see any license plates of cars that are about 20ft in front of me. The video size is 1920x1080. Thank you!

The main link you just sent was to your whole profile which is not public.

Click the share arrow to the right of the file or folder to copy / share. That one will be public.

That's what I did and that's the link I received

Ah ok, I'm back at a computer. When I clicked on the link via iPhone it opened my default mega page which normally means someone sent their own default mega page link in the past.

Downloaded, watched. Do you have a magnetic CPL filter on your unit?

No I do not, would that make it better?

it can soften the picture a little

need to see some sample footage outside in the daylight to establish the focal distance, if it's ok then it may be something else at play

windows don't look clean either which doesn't help but artificial lighting can be tricky sometimes

No on the CPL, just confirming all details.

The focus procedure and Quality Control is quite good on these things but anything is possible with electronics sometimes. Let's cover all the basics first.

Your example is not the best lighting, probably at the far end of being a reasonable length away for such a wide angle lens in low light, window is dirty also.

Please repeat the video recording experiment outside in daytime. This will low us to establish focal depth and see how it compares. If it looks good outside in the daylight then it’s probably other factors/anomalies/physics happening.

I see, I will try to get more videos. The window is not dirty, it just has some pitting from rocks.

Back