New owner with a question

JonCoopaWorx

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. Just bought 2x 412GW as they were on offer and I’ve never owned a dashcam before
I’ve noticed something weird with one of them. When I powered it up it came straight on. No set up menu like the first unit. I updated the firmware and this time, the set up menu came on.
The other thing I’ve noticed is the LCD screen seems to have a gap at the top and I can see what I assume is the backlight. Again, the first unit seems fine with no gaps.

Any thoughts?

Hi.

I purchased my 2nd 412gw in may 17 as a 2nd dash cam in my own car as have one in my work van. The 2nd 412gw when turned on there was an thin blue line going across the screen & would not go away. Took it back to Halfords & they turnt it on & the colleague tap it hard a few times & the line disappeared? Anyway I used it a few times & the line re appeared so took it back & got an replacement on the spot no questions asked.

Hello @JonCoopaWorx

That doesn't sound right can you take a photo and show me the LCD? There shouldn't be a line.

Here you go.

Attachments

• 39F13122-997D-4113-A6D2-6E669CF06A58.jpeg
    39F13122-997D-4113-A6D2-6E669CF06A58.jpeg
    231.4 KB · Views: 18
There is also a little bit of interference down the left hand side of the screen.

I’d prefer it to look like the other one so I might exchange it.

Bought from where? They were sold as brand new weren't they? not "reconditioned"?

Halfords exchanged the unit this morning. Just need to test the new one.

I think Halfords staff will always try to resolve the issue by seeing if they can fix the problem themselves whilst in store, but in success then they offer you an straight replacement which is excellent customer service. Instead if you order online from an retailer you have to go through the hassle of posting it back to them & thy sent it off to nextbase for testing etc

I agree @Tony lovelock - it maybe slightly cheaper online but the ability to get an immediate replacement is second to none.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O 412GW 21