New parking mode delay & sensitivity fix

mauanfa1

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm setup with 99 parking sensitivity and 0 motion detection

I'm finding that *most* of the times I exit my car, like in a parking lot, the camera records the next 5 minutes before switching into parking mode ... I'd guess 7 out of 10 times this happens

Did it always do this, and can I adjust this timeframe

Also when the car was in my garage overnight, I'd get 0 recordings (nothing triggered the sensitivity) but now am finding I'll have anywhere from 10-30 1-minute clips so seems like sensitivity is actually picking up something, just not sure what

Last edited:
My guess is that it has to wait that long for parking mode. It's to make sure you are not stopped at a light, but are actually parked. Mine also takes that long to flip into parking mode. And honestly, I am glad it takes that long as it makes sure I am getting 30 fps while in slow traffic. As far as the vehicle being in the garage with 99 sensitivity, that is REALLY high. Might want to back it off a bit....

The "sensitivity" of the camera is too high to be practical. There have been instances of it recording the flashing light of an active alarm system. Mine picks up the closed door of my garage flexing with a moderate wind..

It is completely normal that it takes 5 minutes to switch to parking mode. It says so in the manual. ;)

Attachments

• Screen shot 2016-11-28 at 21.12.22 .png
    Screen shot 2016-11-28 at 21.12.22 .png
    58.6 KB · Views: 6
Thought it was 10 mins before it entered Parking Mode ?

Nope, manual says 5. See attached screenshot in my previous post. :)

Nope, mine's definitely 10 mins but I have quite an early model -0 maybe later models/software are 5 mins ?

Might be firmware version related, which firmware are you running?

The "sensitivity" of the camera is too high to be practical. There have been instances of it recording the flashing light of an active alarm system. Mine picks up the closed door of my garage flexing with a moderate wind..

You're confusing the motion sensor setting with the parking motion G setting

The motion sensor setting is very poor; even at 1 it picks up leaves moving in the wind, flashing security lights

I'm referring to the G sensitivity setting when in parking mode - before on 1X software, I would get no recordings even at 99 but now on 2X get recordings so am happy, as I feel it is finally working so I don't have to turn on motion sensing

Back