New Product Development? Need Your Great Idea in 2018!

Which Dash Cam is Your Choice

• Front and Rear Camera (Front:Novatek Full HD 1080P+SONY Sensor Back: 480P ) in 79.99$

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Cathrine_J

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
China
Hi guys, how many guys need rear view camera(as front is must), we are developing a new discreet/hidden dash cam, there are four choice in front of us

1 Front Camera ONLY (Novatek1080P+SONY Sensor )

2 Front Camera and Rear View Camera( Front is SONY Senor Back is VGA )

3 Front Camera and Facing View Camera(Both Front and Back is SONY Sensor) (Facing camera is for Driver or you can Disable and Only use One front Camera)

4 Front Camera and Rear View Camera( Both Front and Back is SONY Sensor)

What's your idea? :)
Which function is the most common function for you need?
We will randoms to pick up a winner to send free Dash Cam. Thank you

OUMAX@Great Technology For Everyone

The cars in our household all have two front cameras and one rear camera. Mostly JooVuu, Mobius mk1 C2 and Street Guardian SGZC12RC because of their small size on the windscreen.

We don't use dual-channel cameras because when something goes wrong (worn out memory card, failure of power supply or user error) there won't be any recording from any camera.
With three stand-alone cameras (two front, one rear) a failure of one camera is extremely unlikely to affect recording of the other cameras.

In today's market any well-informed buyer will expect no less than 1080P/30FPS with a decent bitrate, even in the rear cam of 2-channel systems. Front-only cams need to do better than this. Discrete form-factors, super-caps, and large card compatibility are also required for successful cams. People also expect good customer service and after-sales support. It is a tough market today with more good cams at reasonable prices than ever before ;)

There are some market areas with room for improvement or for better cams. With Uber and ride-share becoming popular a dual-cam with IR in-car capability is often asked for. Only a couple cams do this. Many are also wanting a good parking mode which seems to be tough to achieve as few of the many cams having this feature actually do the job well. More are also asking for wifi capability to download video files. But none of this matters unless the cam is reliable and has good video performance :cautious:

If you want to make a successful dashcam you won't find the job easy, but there is success waiting for those who work hard to give the people what we want :cool:

Phil

The cars in our household all have two front cameras and one rear camera. Mostly JooVuu, Mobius mk1 C2 and Street Guardian SGZC12RC because of their small size on the windscreen.

We don't use dual-channel cameras because when something goes wrong (worn out memory card, failure of power supply or user error) there won't be any recording from any camera.
With three stand-alone cameras (two front, one rear) a failure of one camera is extremely unlikely to affect recording of the other cameras.
T

Thank you for your information,in fact, the reliable front camera is the key for that. If need 2 Channel recording, better to be separately ,right?

In today's market any well-informed buyer will expect no less than 1080P/30FPS with a decent bitrate, even in the rear cam of 2-channel systems. Front-only cams need to do better than this. Discrete form-factors, super-caps, and large card compatibility are also required for successful cams. People also expect good customer service and after-sales support. It is a tough market today with more good cams at reasonable prices than ever before ;)

There are some market areas with room for improvement or for better cams. With Uber and ride-share becoming popular a dual-cam with IR in-car capability is often asked for. Only a couple cams do this. Many are also wanting a good parking mode which seems to be tough to achieve as few of the many cams having this feature actually do the job well. More are also asking for wifi capability to download video files. But none of this matters unless the cam is reliable and has good video performance :cautious:

If you want to make a successful dashcam you won't find the job easy, but there is success waiting for those who work hard to give the people what we want :cool:

Phil
Thank you for your reply,Phil
So Discreet,Super Caps,Large Card Support is required

Thank you for all to sharing the idea :)

Front and rear 1080p camera on both, super capacitor instead of battery, parking mode when hardwired, and discrete design is what I look for. :)

No screen,
WIFI,
app to view and set on smart phone.
FHD, 30fps or higher,
120 degrees FOV,
support 64 gb or higher micro sd card,
black colour,
blinking red led light to indicate recording.
Good low light recording.
CPL option,
Capacitor
Discrete.

I used to use an interior facing cam in addition to front and rears but on viewing the playback footage I was horrified at seeing the pile of snot building up on my passenger seat as I constantly yet subconsciously pick my nose literally every five minutes when driving

Please randomly pick me for the Dashcam gift :D And I'll return the favour by doing two honest reviews for you, the first being an unboxing one, and down the line, another one to show whether it's suitably reliable :D

I used to use an interior facing cam in addition to front and rears but on viewing the playback footage I was horrified at seeing the pile of snot building up on my passenger seat as I constantly yet subconsciously pick my nose literally every five minutes when driving

standard internet rules apply, pictures or it didn't happen :p

I constantly yet subconsciously pick my nose literally every five minutes when driving

You are not alone.:alien::)

Seems to be a favourite among quite a few drivers at traffic stops here. And how could one forget, professional snooker players, keep digging and digging and digging.

Last edited:
Front and rear 1080p camera on both, super capacitor instead of battery, parking mode when hardwired, and discrete design is what I look for. :)
Thank you for your great idea!

No screen,
WIFI,
app to view and set on smart phone.
FHD, 30fps or higher,
120 degrees FOV,
support 64 gb or higher micro sd card,
black colour,
blinking red led light to indicate recording.
Good low light recording.
CPL option,
Capacitor
Discrete.

Seems a lot of people need mobius design, simple,no screen and high resolution for the video.Thank you.

A matchbox design camera (like the Mobius) with a Starvis sensor and Wi-Fi.

@Bungus You missed one - No chrome. ;)

Thank you, mobius design,simple,no screen, wifi and high resolution for the video. :)

Please randomly pick me for the Dashcam gift :D And I'll return the favour by doing two honest reviews for you, the first being an unboxing one, and down the line, another one to show whether it's suitably reliable :D

I think most of facing camera is 480p or VGA and no light in the car, not 1080p for the cost issue,Soooooooooo..... you know :)

I currently run 2 dash cams 1 on the Front is a mini0801S and a cheapy on the back which is a Toguard 2.46 Full HD 1080P Novatek. I had a forward and rear mount once but it was a dud. That was in the early days of dash cams though.

Free Dash Cam Gift After Event Finished
Great! So if somebody is coming with great ideas about how to make a great camera with great sales, he will receive a... $20-30 (factory price) camera? All people which are posting in this thread already have at least one dashcam so receiving another dashcam is not any deal for them. The right price can be $5000-$10000, maybe.

So it could be nice just to ask for what people want, ask people to vote, this is enough. No need to buy us with one dashcam. People are not giving help here for money they are doing this for free, trying to help other people.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited:
I think most of facing camera is 480p or VGA and no light in the car, not 1080p for the cost issue,Soooooooooo..... you know :)

My own interior cam was a separate cam, 720p, because of that issue. Honestly interior facing cam's are near useless as soon as daylight ends

Back