NEW Product out now… DOD CR65W

DashCams.Australia

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
VicoVation | BlackVue | FineVu | Lukas | Urive | Livue | DOD
DOD has officially released the CR65W. The RRP in Australia is $189.95. Here are some of the specs… ( The DOD english site has not been updated yet).

Screen-Shot-2014-02-24-at-9.36.08-PM.png

DASHCAMS.AUSTRALIA

EMAIL: info@dashcamsaustralia.com.au

PHONE: 1-800-763-575

This ODM design I already saw somewhere, don't remember where.
Anyway, looking at specs I dont see any improvements. At thsi time same specs ( and actual tests ) video / performance result can get from 70usd dashcams based on same hardware / firmware.
The only interesting thing I see is quick-release mount / dismount solution, which I really like. But question is: - do "I" want to pay extra 100 usd for this ? :confused:

This ODM design I already saw somewhere, don't remember where.
Anyway, looking at specs I dont see any improvements. At thsi time same specs ( and actual tests ) video / performance result can get from 70usd dashcams based on same hardware / firmware.
The only interesting thing I see is quick-release mount / dismount solution, which I really like. But question is: - do "I" want to pay extra 100 usd for this ? :confused:
Hi Niko,

Thanks for your feedback. I will pass it on to DOD so they know what people think. I will post new information here in the next few days.

Hi Niko,

Thanks for your feedback. I will pass it on to DOD so they know what people think. I will post new information here in the next few days.

You are welcome. I am always here to share my experience and give feedback that might help developers to understand "other" markets needs.
Actually my very first dashcam was DOD GS600. It cost me a small fortune back then when it not have even being sold outside of "country of origin"t, but when I need something - I always get it ;)
I think they had very successful and western-market orientated design with GS600. Back then having 1080p + laser aim + built in GPS and all packed into such a small shell - it was something out of this world. I connected it to my aftermarket multimedia GPS headunit ( also something from UFO-world for many of my friends ), - it was every gadget-freak dream ( so my friends were telling me ).
Second good impression was when being in contact with TioTech I understood they releasing "soon" in few month DOD LS300W, ( it was over a year ago ). Back then knowing / having 1080p 15Mbps bit-rate with F1.6 was something out-of-this world. So I was one of the first who got it.
My point is that TioTech ( DoD ), - they do have sometime sense of technological break-trough and look into the future, but some time they do take strange decisions in products so called "development".
Best advice for them would be to read English and Russian-speaking forums ( if they want to succeed on those markets ), hear and accept what end-user say, and adopt they product development / strategy according to what people need ;)

Last edited:
DOD are also about to release the first Dash Cam that has a Sony sensor that is specifically made for Dash Cams. Thats all we know so far but it will be interesting to see what they come up with.

DOD are also about to release the first Dash Cam that has a Sony sensor that is specifically made for Dash Cams. Thats all we know so far but it will be interesting to see what they come up with.

Heard of that ;)
Great that they finally realised what could be their next step forward in order to put them together side by side with other big-names. Looking forward into release of their new product.

Below I found from archives me favourite ( back "then" ) DOD GS600 installed in my car, pretty stealth for that time, except when shot is taken it was bright sunny day and back then I didn't had car windows tinted.

DOD GS600.jpg

Be interesting to see if what they use matches what they say they're using, they don't have a good track record with technical specs unfortunately

Niko- The GS600 was a stealthy little unit!

Be interesting to see if what they use matches what they say they're using, they don't have a good track record with technical specs unfortunately

Since the LS300w Plus ( the Ls430W and LS330W ) DOD has really stepped up their game in terms of functionality and reliability. Time will tell!

Niko- The GS600 was a stealthy little unit!

Since the LS300w Plus ( the Ls430W and LS330W ) DOD has really stepped up their game in terms of functionality and reliability. Time will tell!

The factories that build their current models do a far better job than the ones they were dealing with previously, no argument there

What I was referring to though was their imaginary hardware spec like the 'TioTech A8' I'd have a lot more respect for them if they just stated what they actually used, they got good results from the NT96650 but claiming it is something else is pointless at best

Aren't Korean dashcams already using special Sony CMOS sensor? I see no real breakthrough but happy that they will use better WDR components.

Lukas and a few others are using Sony and even Samsung Sensors ( LK7700) but the sensors used are not made specifically for DashCams. We will see if there is any different in clarity/quality when it comes out I guess….

I think the performance of the NT96650 is quite good in sub $100 cameras, above that though is a different story

I think the performance of the NT96650 is quite good in sub $100 cameras, above that though is a different story
OH! on the price terms, I Agree with you.

Hi niko.
I agree good price point all be it without GPS £109, and excellant build quality. Its just so small it looks like a kids toy water camera!

Hi niko.
I agree good price point all be it without GPS £109, and excellant build quality. Its just so small it looks like a kids toy water camera!

From the size its nearly same as gt680w or rx300, quite small.
Advantage is quick release low profile bracket / mount. Similar low profile I use as patrially modified on my Vico wf1 and few other dashcams. Very close install to windshield.

Can you share raw / original footage: day, night, pitch dark. You can upload to drop box or mega.co.nz and share download link.

1st video done in pitch black up a country lane, 2nd a cloudy afternoon, and 3rd early morning sunny day.
The light glare is from my ford's heated front windcreen on the night video, barely visable in the day though, if you download the movie it is better quality than played online.

A few pictures from DOD's facebook site as well.

Attachments

• LS430W vs CR65W frony.jpg
    LS430W vs CR65W frony.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 21
  • LS430W vs CR65W side.jpg
    LS430W vs CR65W side.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 15
Back