NEW Product out now! VICO-WF1, WIFI!!

So true
A camera which looks good on paper ( well least in my mind )

And yet so long before it hits the shelves

Am glad I brought another model in the meantime

So I will just wait patiently on the sidelines -_-

Sent from the half eaten apple :)

The new WF1 will be out early August,

And will have a retail price of $310.... Available from DashCams Australia and QualityDashCams...... And of course a full, local, 12 month warranty :)

Quality Dash Cams said:

And will have a retail price of $310.... Available from DashCams Australia and QualityDashCams...... And of course a full, local, 12 month warranty :)

i saw this model at taiwan computex. looks great. but price is a little bit too high.

JazzTalk said:
Quality Dash Cams said:

i saw this model at taiwan computex. looks great. but price is a little bit too high.

Local price in Australia will be higher than it would be in Taiwan

Vicovation is a sponsor of Scion Canada--2013 Vancouver City Rally. Stay tune for the videos.

9107330035_1b04694bf6_b.jpg

VicoVation facebook published another video.

Last edited by a moderator:
WF1 day time testing in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Subaru loud exhaust makes compustar on lol

for see what a good firmware work along good hardware does, comparing videos on start development of camera and on last videos are notable the difference
i was indecision between this and ls300w on start , on start of development wasn't that sharp picture but whit development is getting very good picture
i do no how much is legit the factory videos , will be waiting for Raw videos from users. but looking for the youtube videos if is legit , well done vico , nice work

Heard Vico update and development is all time example like lukas , true ?

You can see great RAW footage ( with the final release firmware) on

http://dashcamsaustralia.com.au/shop/full-hd-2/vicovation-wf1/

Does anyone have any questions about the WF1? We have been playing with it for some time now and really believe its something different. A VERY high quality product...

Kind Regards

For accurate picture, please change the viewing quality to 1080P in the youtube settings ( mechanical bolt in bottom right hand corner) . Thank you.

What do you think?

As I understand, - there is no parking mode / motion detection ?

DashCams.Australia said:
You can see great RAW footage ( with the final release firmware) on

http://dashcamsaustralia.com.au/shop/full-hd-2/vicovation-wf1/

Does anyone have any questions about the WF1? We have been playing with it for some time now and really believe its something different. A VERY high quality product...

Kind Regards

Unfortunately I did not found any RAW video files from there.
Could you please point to direct download file source.
Thanks.

Thanks.

Hi Niko,

This footage was taken in Russia (day) and Taiwan (night) so unfortunately we do not have the original file source. We are currently in the process of shooting all Australian footage with all our cameras and will be sure to upload the WF1 and TF2+ footage to this thread.

In response to your question, The VicoVation range does not feature a motion detect/parking mode function, however, these are on the cards for a future WF1 firmware update and an upcoming model...

Kind Regards,

DashCams.Australia said:
Does anyone have any questions about the WF1?
I have glanced but not read through all 6 pages so forgive me if this has been discussed.
I have been leaving my TF2+P in my car at night to keep an eye on if my car gets vandalized, but with no WiFi on the TF2 i have to go out in the early morning and Grab the card if i need to see anything.

I'm usually parked on the other side of the street. I'm curious what is the range on the WF1? If it can reach my home wifi and i herd something outside at 0100 at night near my car would i be able to see what the WF-1 sees through my Android from inside my place, or am i misunderstanding how the wifi works?

DashCams.Australia said:
Thanks.

Hi Niko,

This footage was taken in Russia (day) and Taiwan (night) so unfortunately we do not have the original file source. We are currently in the process of shooting all Australian footage with all our cameras and will be sure to upload the WF1 and TF2+ footage to this thread.

In response to your question, The VicoVation range does not feature a motion detect/parking mode function, however, these are on the cards for a future WF1 firmware update and an upcoming model...

Kind Regards,

Thanks for quick replay.
If you have some "influence", please ask Vico R&D / engineering / programming department to add beside motion detection rec also auto-parking mode. There are no good video quality wdr dash cams yet out there to have auto-parking + motion detection function. If latest Vico model will have this option, it would be on my buy wish list and also draw more interest from other buyers as well.

Wow, VicoVation has real potential! I'm impressed with the video quality and promise of firmware updates adding feature enhancements. This is what the BlackView WiFi DashCam's should have been for the price they charge. (poor video quality though) We want outstanding video quality in addition to the WiFi bells & whistles if we are going to pay over $200 for a DashCam. I'm looking forward to seeing how well the iOS app works and over all impressions by trusted members of this forum.

I'm not sure I trust anything out today though that doesn't meet or beat high heat tolerances on new A7L-A based DashCams around the corner.
http://www.ambarella.com/products/autom ... tions.html

onealfa said:
It is on Ambarella A5 series ,but not A5S30. So is it A5S66? Or anything else?

No APP in google play store yet....

Only F2.2 lens, but double type brakets (+)
+65C shutoff, but 160°angle (overkill ?).
No GPS, but LDWS ( for kids ?)
No mem card enclosed, but 360mAh battery (how long it will last?)
WDR, Cloud alerts.... hmmm

IMHO, an interesting bird, whatsoever.

Can't wait to get my hands on

@"only" F2.2, - wrong assumption if you think: the larger aperture - the better night video recording. Its not always like that.
I have Panorama2 with F2.6 which beats dod ls300w F1.6 ( did side by side tests, will publish soon ).
Its all depends in how good harmony are all major factors works together, what lens quality used, how much firmware is tuned-up / tailored to specific hardware used, etc.

JazJon said:
Wow, VicoVation has real potential! I'm impressed with the video quality and promise of firmware updates adding feature enhancements. This is what the BlackView WiFi DashCam's should have been for the price they charge. (poor video quality though) We want outstanding video quality in addition to the WiFi bells & whistles if we are going to pay over $200 for a DashCam. I'm looking forward to seeing how well the iOS app works and over all impressions by trusted members of this forum.

I'm not sure I trust anything out today though that doesn't meet or beat high heat tolerances on new A7L-A based DashCams around the corner.
http://www.ambarella.com/products/autom ... tions.html

If motion detection / parking mode will be added + seeing data and video results "on a paoer", I think new Vico will be my next choice, however all need to be test and try vs other my favorite dash cams to make final conclusions.
For "our" region with mild weather I dont mind Vico has built in battery, but I would still be concerned on long term usage of Vico in hot countries.

Back