NEW PURCHASE

mkatten

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI ALL
I purchased a viofo A119 and received it today.
on inserting the sd card and powering up the camera the rec button flashes red and beeps,aslo on the screen it says memory error.
ive tried a different sd card but the same thing happens.
as any one got any ideas what the problem may be please ?

I'm assuming your the same user asking on the Viofo site, but if not, I'll answer here as well. You need to format the card inside the camera first.

thanks for the reply.ive done that via the camera but no joy, i will try via pc

Hi. the card came with the camera integral 64gb and i used a sandisk 32gb
thank you

How are you powering the camera? Do not use any car or computer USB ports.

I would format the card on your PC with the GUIFormat tool in the link below, then format again inside the camera.

It's odd how some large, over 32Gb, cards can be formatted to FAT or FAT32 by the dashcam but others can't.

It's probably differences in the card's file systems- card manufacturer;'s can differ in how that's done which can affect how well the cam can work with the card. SanDisk used to have an odd way of doing this which is why they didn't do well in dashcams; their newer cards have a different file system and are better for our purposes.

I don't know with this cam, but sometimes very large cards can be used in cams by using freeware to program them to FAT32, then altering the cluster size and/or partition space. I've not done this personally but it has been well-covered on some of the Russian dashcam forums and it does sometimes work. It's a bit beyond my knowledge level of why it does whatever it does but I thought I'd mention it as it is related to this topic.

Phil

I've just interrogated my spare Samsung 128Gb card. It is indeed FAT32.

I thought the dashcam format was able to convert NTFS to FAT32 ?

However my Samsung arrived I've certainly not used any Windows program to format it first.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E A119 5
mealto A119 30
Y A119 9
C A119 76
Back