New purchaser of a CDV 300 X with a couple of questions

tuckerkj

Reaction score
Country
Uganda
I did try searching the forums first, without success, and was looking to you guys for assistance. Naturally, my CDV also did not arrive with the CD mentioned in the manual, so I was lost as to which program I should try to view the videos with GPS data displayed. Next, I have yet to see the diagonal red bar >not< appear across the GPS symbol in the two weeks I've had this mounted in my car. Other GPS devices (Garmin watches, stand-alone GPS sensors, TomTom, etc.) pick up signals properly as the CDV does not. What am I missing? There was not an external GPS antenna to mount nor did there appear to be any configuration setting on the CDV for GPS.

Any assistance would be truly appreciated.

Cheers!!

you need the power connected to the mount for GPS to work, if you connect to the camera it won't work

download Registrator Viewer (link in my signature) it will work with this camera and is better than what was on the disk anyway

SG,

Thanks for the reply and I'll look at the program shortly. I do have the camera mounted on the windscreen and power into the base. However, I still see the bar across the GPS symbol. I thought, initially, that the GPS would take a while to "find" itself but not for two weeks. Hmm.....

Cheers!!

There is a non GPS version, I'm not sure it would even show the GPS symbol if there is no GPS there though, it should take a few minutes to get a signal, not a few weeks, do you have any other electronic devices mounted near the camera, aftermarket or OEM?

Thank you very much, Street Guardian, you are a rock star! Not only does your program work very well (donation on the way) but the GPS works as well. Yes, I was seeing a bar across the GPS symbol whilst the car was parked. From the first video, after about four miles on the road, the GPS found itself and all is now proper and correct. All of the subsequent clips show tracking data. Again, thanks.

Cheers!!

Back