New regulations: Fender bender? Forget calling the police. They're not coming.

Street Guardian USA

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
StreetGuardian.CAM Amazon.com
New regulations: as of 2016, traffic patrol (GIBDD) will no longer show up for minor accidents

"From RusDTP[1] : in Russia starting in 2016, the traffic patrol (GIBDD) will no longer attend to minor accidents where no one was hurt. Drivers will be expected to fill in documents on their own and take any necessary photographs.

Criteria include: no more than two cars involved, no one hurt or killed, no dispute regarding the circumstances of the damage, and less than 50,000 rubles of damage (about $750 at current exchange rates)."

Similar things have already happened in the USA such as Las Vegas and elsewhere.

Fender bender in Las Vegas? Forget calling the police. They're not coming.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/25/us/nevada-las-vegas-police/index.html?iref=allsearch

All the wrecks I've seen on the Russian dash compilations are way more that $750. Over 3/4 of the cars look totaled to me.

When I lived in the states (Indianapolis) they switched to having "accident investigators" come and fill out the paperwork, sometimes, sometimes they just gave you the forms and said fill them out. And of course you had to have the forms for the insurance company; your tax dollars at work! NOT!

In this case simply say you are hurt. A minor pain is an injury.
Then because there is an injury they have to show up.

They can not prove you do not feel pain from an injury.

when i was rear-ended (front car in a 3-car crash) my back didn't start hurting till several hours later.

part of the reason everyone has DCs in russia is due to police corruption anyway, so this is just putting some of that corruption (really laziness) into law.

after that crash, where i didn't get a police report, i've learned to ALWAYS get one even for a minor crash. even when there's no doubt who's at fault. even though the at-fault driver had the same insurance company as me, it was still a bit of a fight to get the claim paid.

Back