New SG9663DC Owner, two questions

I checked this morning.
I see a satellite dish icon, but it is orange.
What does orange mean?

It’s red or green actually.

Red means GPS is plugged in but you don’t have a GPS signal. It takes a bit to turn green depending if it’s a cold or warm lock, the amount of time since the last power up. If you’re parked in a garage with no line of sight to the sky it will remain red as well.

I checked this morning.
I see a satellite dish icon, but it is orange.
What does orange mean?

Where exactly did you mount a gps receiver, any photo to share with us?

I had a 40 min drive to work today.
I just checked my SD card again and saw that the GPS and speed meter started working sometime after I started driving.
So I guess my short test drive through the neighborhood was not enough for the GPS to catch the signal, since I keep my car in the garage.

I also removed the second screen protector film and the rainbow haze is gone as well, so all is good.
I will check the footage again tonight for the night recording and report back here.

I have a question in the meantime.
Where is the GPS / speed data located?
Is it directly embedded on the video or is there a separate file?

One more question on parking mode.
So currently I have the parking mode set to 1 fps.
I assume when the G shock sensor activates, it starts recording at 30 fps for a couple min?
Is the low g shock sensitivity setting enough to activate when someone slams their door into your car while opening their car?

One more question on parking mode.
So currently I have the parking mode set to 1 fps.
I assume when the G shock sensor activates, it starts recording at 30 fps for a couple min?
Is the low g shock sensitivity setting enough to activate when someone slams their door into your car while opening their car?

no, it continues to record timelapse, if it changed modes you would actually lose some footage, if the shock sensor is activated it will save the file in the RO folder

Is there a known defect with CPL filters where they get in the footage?

You can see in the uploaded picture that the CPL filter is visible on left top and bottom corners.
Those blacked out corners disappear when the CPL filter is removed.
At first, I thought I may have installed the CPL filter backwards / upside down.
I tried both sides, but the result is identical to what you can see in the uploaded photo.

Here are the images of the actual CPL filter itself.

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2019-01-11-00h57m30s549.png
    vlcsnap-2019-01-11-00h57m30s549.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 16
I just noticed the same in the top Left corner of my CPL, i have not noticed it before and its about the same as in the pic posted above, so really not anything i care about but i don't have the same in the bottom corner as Iris have.
It may be there in the bottom Left corner too, but as it is installed in the car all i see there anyway are dashboard and A- pillar so hard to tell, but upper left you can see in footage.

Not sure if it is possible to seat the filter wrong, don't seem so to me as far as i can recall with the way it install.

Is there a known defect with CPL filters where they get in the footage?

You can see in the uploaded picture that the CPL filter is visible on left top and bottom corners.
Those blacked out corners disappear when the CPL filter is removed.
At first, I thought I may have installed the CPL filter backwards / upside down.
I tried both sides, but the result is identical to what you can see in the uploaded photo.

Here are the images of the actual CPL filter itself.

we'll send you an updated one for the front, keep that one for the rear if you like as it won't show that effect on the rear camera

If you can / want to, no one will stop you making the hole a little larger, just mark the CPL glass so you can put it back in the mount in the same orientation ( i would put a little triangle of painters tape on the CPL glass )
Or you can just wait on SG's excellent service to get a new one to you.

Back