New SG9665GC v3 extremely blurry

catinthefurnace

Reaction score
Country
United States
New SG9665GC v3.

Extremely blurry. Is this defective, expected, or am I missing something? Thank you for your help.
Windshield very clean.

soP0M7a.png

4wKveCd.png

SN70GEh.png

rL6KMS7.png

I8wedBt.png

CRfGsIg.png

r6P2BLI.png

vriM2vu.png

SG has some QA issues lately?

SG has some QA issues lately?

we've had a couple of these crop up just recently, we're looking into it already but not sure where the fault lies at this stage, haven't got any of the affected units back yet to be able to determine what the cause is, one of the annoyances of making anything is that sometimes regardless of what checks and balances you have in place things go wrong, it frustrates the hell out of me but whatever the issue is we'll sort it out

The above photos are time stamped 24th June 2016 ... they were taken 1 year ago.
Why has 'catinthefurnace' suddenly joined up and bombarding the Street Guardian Thread now ??
After a year ... why is it suddenly an issue?

Has this 'NEW V3' been out for a Year?

The above photos are time stamped 24th June 2016 ... they were taken 1 year ago.
Why has 'catinthefurnace' suddenly joined up and bombarding the Street Guardian Thread now ??
After a year ... why is it suddenly an issue?
Take a reasonable guess please. Brand new unit, didn't set the clock yet. Eagle-Eye Moon you shall be known henceforth

Take a reasonable guess please. Brand new unit, didn't set the clock yet. Eagle-Eye Moon you shall be known henceforth

I never looked at the date to be honest, even if it was a year later we'd still look after you the same anyway, main thing is we get you sorted

Eagle-Eye Moon you shall be known henceforth

Hahaha ... yeah, taking it all in.
It's a Dash Cam forum .. it's all about the vision, and picking up the detail .. yeah?

24/06 jumps out at me .. cause it's my Birthday

But yeah .. haven't set the date yet .. ok .. I'll buy that :D
Apologies ;P ... Good choice by the way.

Carry on..

Last edited:
But yeah .. haven't set the date yet .. ok .. I'll buy that :D
But I won't, after flashing the firmware the date is set to 2016/01/01.
So I'm speculating that if you did not have the time to set the date, you also didn't have time to upgrade. Which means that the upgrade was done in the factory, and they didn't set it correctly.

With what firmware was it shipped? 20170517 right?

It would have an earlier firmware installed, when the firmware is loaded it defaults to 01/01/2016, the date he has is consistent with cameras that he would get out of the box now as the firmware was flashed 6 months ago during PCB preparation, although the RTC is rated to keep time for a month keeping time for 6 months or more is not unusual

although the RTC is rated to keep time for a month keeping time for 6 months or more is not unusual
That's what my argument was for dismissing the "it was flashed 175 days ago". :D
So that's my Sherlock Holmes carreer down the drain then!:(

we've had a couple of these crop up just recently, we're looking into it already but not sure where the fault lies at this stage, haven't got any of the affected units back yet to be able to determine what the cause is, one of the annoyances of making anything is that sometimes regardless of what checks and balances you have in place things go wrong, it frustrates the hell out of me but whatever the issue is we'll sort it out
Very frustrating as patterns develop over time. Recognizing these and responding to them, rather than ignoring, is the key to future success. I think Street Guardian does an excellent job in this area.

Very frustrating as patterns develop over time. Recognizing these and responding to them, rather than ignoring, is the key to future success. I think Street Guardian does an excellent job in this area.
Yes very frustrating, we're not infallible by any means, we will never ignore a problem though, just wish we could get things sorted quicker, hate leaving people waiting

That's what my argument was for dismissing the "it was flashed 175 days ago". :D
So that's my Sherlock Holmes carreer down the drain then!:(
One thing I have noticed about street guardian is that their after sales service is outstanding.
I have just ordered an A1119s two weeks ago from the USA (postage usually takes 4 - 6 weeks to from USA to South Africa)
Early next year I will be looking for a second dashcam & I can guarantee you Street Guardian will definitely be on my short list solely because of their after sales service.

Back