New SGZC12RC-V2 Owner, Need Info

Auld Reekie

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got my shiny new SGZC12RC-V2 from Hiniko installed yesterday afternoon and working my way through the settings.

Left camera on motion detect overnight from about 21.00, went out at 10 am this morning to find all overnight files had been overwritten from around 6 am along with a 20 min night time drive I took to test the camera at night, never got the chance to view that. All this was on a 32gb card, I guess I better purchase something around 128 gb size card.

Is Motion Detect (provided its turned on in main unit) designed to stop recording when parked up when there is no movement in range of camera and only start recording when it detects movement or is recording on permanently ?

I know trees/plants moving in the wind may trigger Motion detect, is there a limit to how far/near a moving object needs to be to affect Motion Detect?

I notice when the camera card is attached to the computer (PC) that 2 drives are showing in the File Explorer SGZC12RC-V2 Drive letter (F), Is this a common trait with the SGZC12RC-V2?

Lastly maybe a daft question, what do the X Y Z numbers mean at the bottom of the video clip?

XYZ are G-Sensor figures, motion detect will trigger from changes in lighting as well as movement, the camera is not intended to be used as a card reader, that's why we include the card reader

When in motion detection mode, camera still processes video 24/7 into RAM ( buffer mode ) no matter how much movement is there. Only if it's detects some motion, then it will start saving files into memory card. Yeah, 32Gb memory card will give you about 4h recording at max. bit-rate. For parking mode you can turn down bit-rate ( picture quality ) to the lowest ( 12mbps ), which will give you more recording time.

P.S. even car is parked you may find very little XYZ numbers "jumping", - this is mainly due to earth gravity and it's normal.

Thanks gents, looking for a larger capacity micro sd card now.

Sorry to be a pain in the butt but if I don't ask I'll never learn :) Am I correct in saying if I want MS Multisafer cut off voltage at 12.2V and timer setting set to 6 Hours then switches 1,2 and 4 should be on the "On" position?
After 6 hours does it switch camera off?

All questions are welcome.
Yes, you are correct.
Which ever comes first ( voltage cut-off, or timer ) - unit switches off.

Last edited:
For parking mode you can turn down bit-rate ( picture quality ) to the lowest ( 12mbps ), which will give you more recording time.
Am I missing something here.... On this camera you can't select different recording bitrates for driving and parking modes can you??

Am I missing something here.... On this camera you can't select different recording bitrates for driving and parking modes can you??

Selected bit-rate will be applied for normal and motion detection recording.

Selected bit-rate will be applied for normal and motion detection recording.

Edit - NVM. I was misunderstanding what was meant by being able to select the bit-rate. I thought we could select our own within a range (e.g. pick our own bit-rate rather than select H/M/L).

Last edited:
Mine has the selectable bitrate, I was talking about having separate for driving and parking (which I'm used to from the Panorama X2)

Depends which version you have, selectable bitrate was something we added in the V2 cameras

Edit - I thought you could actually select the bit-rate you wanted. (e.g. any numerical value from say 12-21). I do have the H/M/L settings for the bit-rate.

I misunderstood

On a side note, I do like this camera so far.

Last edited:
Bit-rate:

Low = 12Mbps
Medium = 15Mbps
High = 18Mbps

Back