New Shadow GT550WS

billknow

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
China
Dash Cam
Mini 0805, Mini 0806, A118/A118C, G1W-C
Shadow just released new GT550WS, looks same as previous version, but FW is different, the FW looks like the GT680W earlier FW.
The new version add parking guard feature.

IMG_1856.JPG IMG_1857.JPG IMG_1858.JPG IMG_1859.JPG IMG_1860.JPG

If you are not sure which version you have, I highly don't recommend update the FW.

The previous version is produced by DOD, but now Shadow work with other manufacture, so the FW is different as previous version.
Quality is trustable, if there is new FW for this version, I will post it here.

After trying the 'Parking Guard' feature on my RX300, I'm sure it is something that I'll never use. The good part is that it gives you an option to set the frame rate to 1, 2, or 5 fps. The bad news is that once set, that is the way it is until you change or disable it whether you are parked or start driving again. Of course, you also have to enable motion detection to make it only record when motion is detected, otherwise it simply keeps recording forever at the low frame rates. I've had mixed results keeping 'motion detection' enable at all times with 'parking guard' disabled. Compared with, for example, the 'park' feature on the Lukas cameras, which will automatically change from parking / motion detect mode back and forth between regular driving mode without any menu messing, the 'Parking Guard' feature seems to be next to useless. So, for short term parking it is too much of a hassle calling up the menu and changing 2 selections, then back again before you drive, and for long term parking (days) I'd worry about coming back to a dead battery.

Please, someone correct me if I've mis-interpreted the 'Parking Guard' use, I'd love to hear that I'm just using it wrong - but I don't think so.

The previous version is produced by DOD, but now Shadow work with other manufacture, so the FW is different as previous version.
Quality is trustable, if there is new FW for this version, I will post it here.
MY GT550WS CHANGED LANGAGE FROM ENGLISH TO CHINESE ,CANNOT CHANGE IT CANNOT GET MENU.ANYONE HELP?

Try this

Stop any active recording

Press menu twice to get to the settings menu, scroll down until you see the language icon, press OK then scroll to English and press OK to save, press menu to exit

Back