New Spytec A118C Color Issue - Help Please

ErikAZ

Reaction score
Country
United States
Good evening,

My first post here. I've just purchased a couple of Spytec A118C's for my cars and installed the first one today. I took it out for a test run and while some of the video is pretty decent I'm noticing an issue with the sky and distorted colors. I'm wondering if this is some kind of contrast issue and if so what is the best way to fix it? I didn't see a contrast item on the menu (but I could've missed it) and there was nothing in the manual.

Here is a screenshot of the problem (also attached below):

http://postimg.org/image/n4c9643gj/

Any help would be appreciated. I'm in Phoenix Arizona so it's very hot and very bright here normally although today it's in the low 80's and a clear very sunny sky when this was shot.

Thank you.

ErikAZ

Attachments

• DashCamColorProblem.jpg
    DashCamColorProblem.jpg
    383.3 KB · Views: 91
Welcome to forum.

It's looks like faulty cmos sensor. Contact seller for exchange.

Thank you for responding. I'll set up a return with Amazon and get a new one.

This won't help but that is one of the most interesting screenshots I've seen here. You should get it enlarged and framed!

Just for the heck of it I thought that I would try to find the location for comparison. I think I found it in Mesa on E.McKellips Road.
Burger King.jpg

Nice... like 80's rock disco bar rainbow colors. :D
Interestingly, the car's hood and roads around are okay and enough to catch other cars, accidents etc... except meteors will look different color.

Your dashcam videos will be unique, no processing needed.

dashcamcolorproblem-jpg.12866

Last edited by a moderator:
I can see it's having trouble handling the bright/white areas.
How is the night video?
I assume night should be okay as there is no bright sky. :confused:

Back