New Super 1296P has failed!

domino

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Newbie here - sorry my first post is asking for help!

My wife bought be one of the above a few weeks ago as I'd be harping on about getting a dashcam.

At first is was working brilliantly. The image quality was good and GPS was working well. Occasionally, it would have problems not switching off/on correctly and I'd have to hold the power button in which I presume reset it to a degree.

Last Friday it was in use driving down to Newcastle (from Edinburgh) and all was well. On the return journey, about half an hour in, I happened to glance up and noticed the screen wasn't on though the blue light was on (solid) and it had that slight red tinge to it. I have no been able to switch it on correctly since and I've tried a number of different combinations with no success;

1) plugged in to the 12v socket via the GPS attachment.
2) plugged in to the computer via USB (no GPS attachment) - red light.
3) plugged in to the computer via USB and the USB attachment - blue light

At all times, nothing comes on the screen however when I then unplug it (being in the car or via the PC) with the GBS attachment, the blue light remains on and I have to hold the power switch for ~10 seconds before it switches off. Any subsequent attempt to switch it on results in the same as above - lights but no screen etc.

Can anyone advise on what the problem is please?

I have the same issue as well. It worked fine for two days and its been dead since.

I've tried all you've mentioned above and have had no success. The camera doesn't show up on my laptop when plugged in via USB either.

I hope it can be fixed.

I wonder if our cameras are from the same batch. Did you buy from gearbest too ?

I ordered a new SD card for mine yesterday and it arrived today. So far, it's working perfectly well again so maybe that's your problem?

Try plugging it in to your PC without the card inserted and see if it switches on. I've discovered it also depends if I plug it in (via USB) through the GPS mount or the camera directly.

I ordered a new SD card for mine yesterday and it arrived today. So far, it's working perfectly well again so maybe that's your problem?

Try plugging it in to your PC without the card inserted and see if it switches on. I've discovered it also depends if I plug it in (via USB) through the GPS mount or the camera directly.

Glad to hear your camera is fine now!

Yes I tried a different SD card,no SD card but still no luck. I haven't tried connecting via USB using the GPS mount since its in the car. I'll give that a shot and see if it works.

Was your camera showing up when plugged in through USB when just the blued led came on and screen was blank ?

Nope - only when it comes up saying USB connected.

..try a different USB port too - some act differently re power output.

Nope - only when it comes up saying USB connected.

..try a different USB port too - some act differently re power output.

Yes tried 3 different USB ports and different USB cables too. Still no luck.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Mini 0805 23