new ThiEYE T5e firmware update

Hello,

a new firmware LAMAX x10 is available, version 1.3. If you could change it to make it compatible with the Thieye T5e camera as before, it would be great, because it is extra!

thank you !
smile.gif

Hello,

a new firmware LAMAX x10 is available, version 1.3. If you could change it to make it compatible with the Thieye T5e camera as before, it would be great, because it is extra!

thank you !
smile.gif
Thanks for update. Lamax deleted some options to add others if I recall and Long Exposure has been added by ThiEYE. Not sure if this works for T5e microphone version? My guess would be the original version (I have) and ThiEYE do list firmware for each type of T5e as different versions on their site.
Link to Lamax X10 firmware bottom of page. HERE

Well the camera returned last Friday to China: It was offered first 20 and later 30 USD for staying a paperweight. Most pay the ports and give me back, until the 45 days, the market value (we'll see which it finally is, I'll tell you.). Finally, I have asked Amazon, much more expensive (in my case 99 vs. 169€) but arrives fast (before my holiday) and more guarantee, at least to date. Bad experience with Gearbest and before with Banggood. I won't recommend them, I'm (not) sorry.
Oh yes. GearBest HATE replacing or giving back more than about US $30. I have had some success but not with action cams. Real nightmare and pages and pages of dialog on "TICKET" request. They got me as Warranty period (45 days) was over too.
Amazon did NOT ship to Australia until recently (2 weeks ago) the Gov't here changed the rules and Amazon (Australia) is now available! YAY finally some warranty I hope? Not tried PayPal direct but must investigate if a PayPal refund is available if GearBest or Banggood will not comply?
Waterproof Watch IP68 (that's like 99.9% waterproof) flooded after 20 minutes. $20 they offered $9 (out of warranty) I said NOT warranty YOU guarantee IP68 and attached a pic they had showing swimmer under water!
They finally relented a bit LOL

Dear Kevin,

Thank you for contacting Gearbest.

As a valuable customer, we can compensate 15 USD to you as an exception.

Please tell me your decision.

Thanks for your understanding and assistance.

Has anyone had success upating from my version to TI/UN7-170628-V5.0 using the usual microcard method?
Hi Bobby,

Not tried, but have read that the SD card version is slightly different than DirectUSB version which they recommend as more "comprehensive".
Would have thought they are just the same firmware with only the "burn" method being different?
I'd assume SD card works fine but interesting to find out what the "differences" are?

Thanks for update. Lamax deleted some options to add others if I recall and Long Exposure has been added by ThiEYE. Not sure if this works for T5e microphone version? My guess would be the original version (I have) and ThiEYE do list firmware for each type of T5e as different versions on their site.
Link to Lamax X10 firmware bottom of page. HERE

Hello,
thank you for this information, no I do not know if it works with the T5e version with Microphone. Does the Lamax X10's original firmware work directly on the T5e, or must it be modified so that it can be compiled?

Thanks Aussie Kev. I figured it might be the same, just different method. As it works well apart from timelapse I'm going to leave as is. Don't need a paperweight ;)

Thanks Aussie Kev. I figured it might be the same, just different method. As it works well apart from timelapse I'm going to leave as is. Don't need a paperweight ;)
Knowing my luck and Australian weather, have a blackout using DirectUSB method and paper weight! SDcard seems safer via internal battery!
Started f/w upgrade for Xiaomi Mi Sphere 360 and process gave a "low battery" warning before proceeding luckily or I may have bricked my new cam! I'd left it ON fiddling with the App and so on and battery went nearly flat! :eek: Dodged a bullet! (n)
Still has original f/w to this day LOL

Hello,
thank you for this information, no I do not know if it works with the T5e version with Microphone. Does the Lamax X10's original firmware work directly on the T5e, or must it be modified so that it can be compiled?
No mods needed, works directly. The version V1.3 is SD card version so simply copy firmware.bin file to blank, formatted SD card, put card in cam and turn cam ON. Blue LED should flash until finished.
Then COLD boot cam: Take battery out of cam, take SDcard out then put battery back. Cam should load normally, check under Version in menu is LAMAX-X1--V1.3
Delete firmware.bin file put card back in cam.

Last edited:
Knowing my luck and Australian weather, have a blackout using DirectUSB method and paper weight! SDcard seems safer via internal battery!
Started f/w upgrade for Xiaomi Mi Sphere 360 and process gave a "low battery" warning before proceeding luckily or I may have bricked my new cam! I'd left it ON fiddling with the App and so on and battery went nearly flat! :eek: Dodged a bullet! (n)
Still has original f/w to this day LOL

I have one of those too. That also came free for review. I updated OK via the app method but my phone isn't powerful enough (even though I just got a new one with an octa processor, ) to convert the two spherical images into an HD 360 scrollable video. I've tried various desktop software too and the PC I have at the moment can't handle it properly either. It's a shame as it's a good bit of kit I think. There's a thread that says which phones should work.

scroll down to
Which phones are compatible with Xiaomi Mi Sphere?
You can stitch Xiaomi videos with the PC app or with the smartphone app. Mi Sphere is compatible with Android and iOS, but you can only get the full video resolution if the processor is sufficiently powerful and supported by the app. .....

http://360rumors.com/2017/11/ultima...re-360-camera-faq-wiki-and-resource-page.html

Yes there is a spreadsheet doc but mines not there but "Android 7" version is kinda. Samsung Galaxy Tab A, works OK for pics about all at the moment. Not spent much time with it though with Christmas etc ;)
Phones here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kszKqmxBLwHUQ7dd-ytQ51auFoLFFv4i8o1lVE6clG8/edit#gid=0
Michel Mendes EZ-Team has lots of help as well as latest links that help :) http://ez-team.com/xiaomi.html
Michael Ty (360 Rumors) FB Group, scroll thru, some good help too. https://www.facebook.com/groups/Mijia360cam/

Recent upgrade to T5e with Bluetooth Remote version V5.0.
Release Time: 2018/01/26

Link - Version No. : TI/UN7-180119-V5.0

Change Log:

Upgrade
1.Update voice module that support T5/T5e with or without External Microphone port
2.Optimize the EIS effect
3.Add Distortion Correction on some resolution such as 2.7K@30fps,1080P@60fps ,1080P@30fps

(This Firmware only support the old remote, not support the ThiEYE new remote control REMO)

Version: TI/UN7-180119-V5.0
NOTE: The way of upgrade has changed.
Please follow the instructions enclosed with Firmware RAR.

REMO Wrist remote for T5e available at Geekbuying:

* Thieye Brand LINK

* Virtoba Brand LINK Note: Virtoba is 1/2 the price and confirmed works T5e T5 Edge and ThiEYE E7

NON MIC version T5/T5e latest V5.0 firmware ThiEYE have reportedly been confirmed to work with both versions.

Recent upgrade to T5e with Bluetooth Remote version V5.0.
Release Time: 2018/01/26

Link - Version No. : TI/UN7-180119-V5.0

Change Log:

Upgrade
1.Update voice module that support T5/T5e with or without External Microphone port
2.Optimize the EIS effect
3.Add Distortion Correction on some resolution such as 2.7K@30fps,1080P@60fps ,1080P@30fps

(This Firmware only support the old remote, not support the ThiEYE new remote control REMO)

Version: TI/UN7-180119-V5.0
NOTE: The way of upgrade has changed.
Please follow the instructions enclosed with Firmware RAR.

REMO Wrist remote for T5e available at Geekbuying:

* Thieye Brand LINK

* Virtoba Brand LINK Note: Virtoba is 1/2 the price and confirmed works T5e T5 Edge and ThiEYE E7

NON MIC version T5/T5e latest V5.0 firmware ThiEYE have reportedly been confirmed to work with both versions.

THANkS Aussie Kev, for pass us this update. More than one do not noticed this event. Even the camera works for me well, lets see how it does with this new firmware. I want to thank you for being there, (also all the others) and for your dedication to make us known every day. Thank you very much indeed.

Hi, new upgrade here (?):
http://www.thieye.com/support.html

NOT, sorry is only to the cam with new command...
Yes, just released Version No. : TI/UN78-180601-V5.1
Works with both old and new version T5e cams BUT the older BT remote will be deleted and the REMO remote must be used.
If you want old Bluetooth remote do not upgrade.

Yes i tried that... i tried to reflash with the desktop method but always fail and the screen go white
When i tried
Yes i tried that... i tried to reflash with the desktop method but always fail and the screen go white
How do you reflash with comp exactly cuz mine is completely dead from trying to update due to freezing isse i had. Thx for any help you can offer

Hello. I tried to run the firmware update TI / UN5-170228-V5.0 directly from the camera. The camera, however, remained with blue lights on for more than 10 minutes and is locked. How can I do a firmware recovery in order to perform the procedure again? Now the camera is unusable.
Thank you
Same exact thing happened to me also. Started with same fw 02/28/17 and same with the blue light , and sadly same with my cam completely useless :(

I have a Kaiser Bass X4 that is unresponsive since changing the resolution to 1920x1080 60fps. The EIS icon shows up. It shows a freshly formatted card as 0.0GB. Would it kill the am trying the T5 firmware? I've emailed KB but no response as yet, although it is Xmas holidays. Any ideas anyone? I can't seem to find a copy of the X4 firmware online.

I have a Kaiser Bass X4 that is unresponsive since changing the resolution to 1920x1080 60fps. The EIS icon shows up. It shows a freshly formatted card as 0.0GB. Would it kill the am trying the T5 firmware? I've emailed KB but no response as yet, although it is Xmas holidays. Any ideas anyone? I can't seem to find a copy of the X4 firmware online.
Might be the card or the slot. I've had that happen and only "fixed" by removing and re-inserting the SDcard several times. Poor socket in camera, possible crack or poor solder in connector. :(
T5 (non microphone version) will definitely work. I've noticed though ThiEYE suggest LATEST T5e firmware is OK to use on all versions of T5/T5e so you could try T5 f/w. Should be fine.
*** Here is an older T5/T5e Non Microphone 28/6/2017 version link that should work with KB X4 cam LINK HERE
*** Here is LAMAX X10 cam firmware should also be safe LINK HERE

Might be the card or the slot. I've had that happen and only "fixed" by removing and re-inserting the SDcard several times. Poor socket in camera, possible crack or poor solder in connector. :(
T5 (non microphone version) will definitely work. I've noticed though ThiEYE suggest LATEST T5e firmware is OK to use on all versions of T5/T5e so you could try T5 f/w. Should be fine.
*** Here is an older T5/T5e Non Microphone 28/6/2017 version link that should work with KB X4 cam LINK HERE
*** Here is LAMAX X10 cam firmware should also be safe LINK HERE

Thanks Kev. KB got back to me and said it's an 'unusual' problem, and that they would need me to send it back in order to reflash it. They said if I do that they'll fix or replace it if a reflash doesn't fix it, and send me some accessories for my troubles.

Any idea how different the T5 or Lamax firmware would be to the KB one?

So after playing around with the cam, it seems to act almost normal (except the menu button doesn't work) when there is no card in it, and when there is a card in it, it reads 0.0gb and none of the buttons work, eg mic on/off, wifi on/off.

Last edited:
Big thanks to Kev, Ive successfully flashed the x4 with the latest T5 firmware. It became responsive again so its no longer a paper weight!

edit: this camera does not like EIS being enabled, no matter what resolution i choose, if EIS is available to it and i turn it on, it freezes.

Last edited:
Back