New thread on polarizer filter for BlackVue DR500GW-HD

Well my orders are placed .... the filter is on its way from ebay just need to wait for the adaptor :)

I just order both as well. I'll provide an update with pictures later next week.

Sorry no pictures yet but I have it installed and just like all the other videos it really helps make the dashboard disappear. Very nice thanks to shapeways, I ordered the clip on model worked like a charm.

I purchased the original one w/o the screws / clip-ons etc. Fits like a charm. Doesn't come off during normal driving. Maybe if you get into a major accident it'll pop off.

But I find it annoying to remove the lens and put it back on when driving at night.

oAqm1X3.jpg

heres a preview of the ridiculously cheap polarizing solution i came up with for the rear camera on the DR550GW-2CH.

i am going to post a video about the making of this cheap cheap cheap DIY project, just need to collect some good footage to show the video quality difference.

(photo deleted)
heres a preview of the ridiculously cheap polarizing solution i came up with for the rear camera on the DR550GW-2CH.

i am going to post a video about the making of this cheap cheap cheap DIY project, just need to collect some good footage to show the video quality difference.

Cheap is good! We look forward to learning more!

Cheap is good! We look forward to learning more!

here is my video, posted it in the DIY section too but I will keep it in this thread for the blackvue forum.

like i said, its really cheap, and even looks shoddy haha, but i spent less than $7 not including the gas to get to the few stores I visited, and it works well. only issue is getting the lens to not block any of the camera, if you get the lens to fit int he foam just right it wont, but the foam might push it forward especially from the window pushing down on it.

but even when it does block a bit of the corners, the better picture I think is worth losing some of the corners. if i could get the foam to not push down so much, it wouldnt cut off any of it.

here is my channels video on the awesome bracket you made! thanks again. i put some before and after footage at the end of the video.

oh and i gave up on my ****ty rear CPL, even if i made a better version, i dont want to take it on and off in my back window, and once when I needed rear footage at night it was too dark because i had the CPL on.

Hi pizzaengineer,

here is my channels video on the awesome bracket you made! thanks again. i put some before and after footage at the end of the video.

oh and i gave up on my ****ty rear CPL, even if i made a better version, i dont want to take it on and off in my back window, and once when I needed rear footage at night it was too dark because i had the CPL on.

Great video!

Also, your conclusion about a CPL filter for the rear camera seems about right - a pain in the a** to remove the filter at night, and too dark if you leave it on.

I've sold 60 adapters from the Shapeways store so far. Sculpteo, unlike Shapeways, does not allow me to track sales having no mark-up, so I have no idea about the Sculpteo sales volume. I'm quite amazed at how many adapters have sold.

Most sales have been the clip-on (left image), several have been the press-on (middle image), and one brave person has bought a bolt-on (right image).

all-three_zps5fa114b1.jpg

hey guys,
i have a question about this filter, does this fit with dr 3500?
thanks

hey guys,
i have a question about this filter, does this fit with dr 3500?
thanks

You might want to go to the forum for the DR3500 and ask the question there. USDashCamera (formerly known as "pizzaengineer") has posted a DR3500 review there. I think I recall that he (as pizzaengineer) installed the filter and adapter system on the DR500 or similar system.

EDIT: Total sales are well over 100. I should have charged a royalty! Anyhow, let us know what you discover.

ANOTHER EDIT: I just discovered at Amazon that the DR3500 is a bit smaller than the DR500. The diameter of the camera body is 32mm instead of 36mm, so the DR500 design will not work for the DR3500.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E DR500GW-HD 18
J DR500GW-HD 1052
Back