New to community with FREE AI Dashcam App for your PHONE! TryDriver!

trydriver

App Developer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Driver
Hello everyone! We recently launched our FREE AI driven dash cam on the Google Playstore. Look up TryDriver (www.trydriver.com). When rating out app, please be aware that this is the first release - so please be nice :). I welcome any and all constructive feedback so that we can make the perfect free dashcam for you! Please email me at Marcus@trydriver.com. We are part of the Techstars Mobility program in Detroit and are working diligently to make this the best free dashcam for your phone available. Our current version is perfect for ride-share drivers as it records outside, while optionally checking on the driver for distracted or drowsiness, and with a 2 finger tap you can record inside your vehicle with audio. It also surveys the road for obstructions and offers forward collision warnings. Over the next couple of weeks we are launching the back end which will give you cloud storage options, and we are releasing a referral program for free storage! If you want to start accumulating free storage now, please download the app, and send me an email with the # of users you referred to download (Marcus@trydriver.com). We will credit your account as soon as we launch the back end in a couple of weeks.

Our next version will include augmented reality navigation overlay, along with access to music/podcasts while you record, all hands-free, with voice activation for calls, texts and recording prompts.

Looking forward to your feedback and downloads! The more feedback we get, the faster we can produce the perfect free application for your needs!

Last edited:
So this are for using phone as recorder ?

Thats correct! Free app for your phone. It's perfect for people who don't have a dashcam and don't want to spend the money on one, or need a dashcam that easily moves your saved video to the cloud. We've optimized video to 100 min = 1GB roughly.

Thats correct! Free app for your phone. It's perfect for people who don't have a dashcam and don't want to spend the money on one, or need a dashcam that easily moves your saved video to the cloud. We've optimized video to 100 min = 1GB roughly.
1.3 Mb/s ?

Most decent dashcams record at 16 Mb/s or more. Even if you are encoding with H265, that is hardly enough to see a number plate, let alone read it.

What resolution and frame rate do you use?

While most of us in here agree that any dashcam are better than no dashcam, then the phone apps thats not really something anyone in here recommend.
Also at least here in Denmark to get sort of alright footage you will have to install your phone right on the middle of the windscreen, or a little higher, and thats not legal here.

My own phone are mounted off a driver side door pice of static glass, so the phone sit just off the steering wheel 9o clock position, and its in a vertical position and i am not going to record a second of that silly vertical video, that level of stupid i leave to much of the rest of the world.
And cloud storage of anything other than "useless garbage" i would never do though i only use 10% of my monthly data plan at the most, but again thats just me the rest of the world seem to be fine with cloud this and that.
And sure 99% of what my dashcams record are just that,,, garbage as nothing happen, but then wasting that on a wireless network, thats to me just wasted resources.

Only app i have on my phone that i dislike a lot is a 911 app, that i just need to do a couple of clicks on and then they can pinpoint me, and that only became interesting after my friends heart attack, otherwise i only delete / remove apps from my phone ( again thats just me )
I now carry a phone for family reasons, i really look forward to not having to carry a phone again.

Back