New to Dash Cam - Need insight for buying one ?

RIMD

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Looking one
Hello,

I reviewed some threads in this forum. I like to pick-up the brain of this forum to buy a realistic Dash Cam. I am in East Coast, USA.

I am looking for Dash Cam to make evidence for auto accident. I need front/rear footage with Date/Time, and Speed , GPS nice to have in budget range (under $100, to keep away from Dash Cam thief).

I am researching on Dash Cam for couple of weeks. I'd really appreciate any help you all can offer. I find interesting threads in this forum. Here are the specifics of what I'm looking for:

• I'd greatly prefer to have front and rear cameras. I have been in two accidents recently, and the persons rear-ended me- accusing me that I rear-ended them.
  • I like to power the camera(s) with the cigarette lighter socket or some other easy way.
  • I am not particular about parking protection- it won't run while my car is off anyways, and I plan on hiding it when I'm not in the car.
  • I would also really like for it to be easy to dismount/remount.
  • A screen would be nice, but not even slightly necessary.
  • GPS data, video quality, wifi capabilities, etc. are not that important to me.
  • I am not particular about Battery or Capacitor models (Need this forums thoughts on this subject)
To summarize: dual-channel preferred, easy to remove/put back on.

I did review Youtube footage for following:

Dual Lens
  • Indigi® HD Car DVR Dual Camera Lens Dash Cam Night Vision GPS Logger G-Sensor Time Stamp
  • HDE Dual Lens Dashboard Car DVR Dash Cam and Rear View Camera Accident Recording System
  • Dome G30B 2.7 inch H.264 1080P Full HD Dual Lens Car DVR 140 Degree Wide Angle Lens Dash Camera Video Recorder with Rear View Camera
  • CF-100 ( I find some reviews of CF-100 that says this unit gets deformation due to heat generated by this Dash Cam.)
  • HD Car DVR Dash Video Recorder Camera 2 Lens Front Back Driving Cam LCD 1080P (From Canada)
  • FHD 1080P Car Dual Lens Camera DVR Vehicle Video Recorder Dash Cam G sensor US (Claims 6 layer lens, WRT technology)

Single lens one

A118C
G1W-C

Thanks for your guidance.

Last edited:
If you are looking for a dual cam set up that has GPS, records decent video and is around 100 dollars the only choice I know of is the BlackSys CF100 with 1080P in the front and 720P in the rear.
Camera on Amazon
GPS on Amazon

Some of the other cameras you list are Taxi cameras, or shoot in 480 rear
To make the CF easy to take off you can peel the 3M stick off and apply Dual Lock Tape.

Didn't realize they come with GPS for that price now. When I bought my two they didn't

Thanks for your suggestions.

I did read the Cf-100 review. Here are some questions.

As this CF-100 uses supercaps ( capacitors ) instead of batteries, how does it maintain timestamp, if we parked the car for 7-10 days without use?

Is it easy to remove SD card from CF-100?

How do we use the SD in computer to play the footage? Are there any SD card adopters required to read in Laptop?

This unit has HDMI. How do we remove the dashcam to play using HDMI or computer?

I find another model in youtube Cf-100B, but I am not able find this unit in amazon or other sites.

If we go with battery version, we can use the same dash cam unit to make still photo of accident scene. If I go with CF-100, I need to look for another camera to make still photo of accident scene.

What are the inexpensive cameras available to use with USB/Car Lighter socket?

I have been in two accidents recently, and the persons rear-ended me- accusing me that I rear-ended them..

can't begin to imagine how this could be

anyway back on topic the CF-100 is the only 2 channel product you listed worth thinking about

as to taking still photos you don't have a mobile phone with a camera?

Capacitors can store energy just like a battery, although over a shorter duration.
Also, can't date and time be synced by the gps?

I find the review for CF-100 in DCT, but I am not able to find reviews for other listed Duel Lens in my original thread.

I like see known issues /drawback on the listed Duel Lens Dash Cams.

Does anyone of this forum use those Duel Lens Dash Cams?

Did DCT have a sections/reviews for Duel Lens Dash Cams?

@jokiin

????

To make the CF easy to take off you can peel the 3M stick off and apply Dual Lock Tape.

Are you suggesting to attach one piece of Dual Lock Tape to car's windshield and the other to CF-100's mount?

How easy to remove this attached Dual Lock Tape from car's windshield/CF-100 Mount (if need it to)?

Are there ways to attach/add Suction Cup Mount to existing CF-100 mount?

As I review CF-100 in DCT, I find

Magnetic bracket / mount for BlackSys CF-100

Slide In-Out Quick mount-dismount bracket

Where can I find these Magnetic bracket / mount & Slide In-Out Quick mount-dismount bracket ?

How easy to remove this attached Magnetic bracket / mount & Slide In-Out Quick mount-dismount bracket from car's windshield/CF-100 Mount (if need it to)?

I did not find IR LEDs in CF-100 front/rear camera. How does CF-100 capture video footage during night without IR LEDs?

I did check compare Dash Cam in DCT. There is no way to filter/identify Duel Lens units for compare. Is there a way to do it?

anyway back on topic the CF-100 is the only 2 channel product you listed worth thinking about

as to taking still photos you don't have a mobile phone with a camera?
Was Harry Potter's around?

Are you suggesting to attach one piece of Dual Lock Tape to car's windshield and the other to CF-100's mount?
Yes. Like this
ZSXvpVRm.jpg

1LOnFcHm.jpg

133GPnWm.jpg

How easy to remove this attached Dual Lock Tape from car's windshield/CF-100 Mount (if need it to)?
You can use dental floss and slide it under the dual lock and saw through and it will come right off. I just did it today to remove a piece off of my windscreen to install a new camera.

re there ways to attach/add Suction Cup Mount to existing CF-100 mount?
You might be able to use a GPS suction cup mount.
alD07ODt.jpg

I have not tried it myself though.

Thanks for your suggestions.

I did read the Cf-100 review. Here are some questions.

As this CF-100 uses supercaps ( capacitors ) instead of batteries, how does it maintain timestamp, if we parked the car for 7-10 days without use?

= It has RTC battery which keeps date / time for month.

Is it easy to remove SD card from CF-100?

= no problem for me. Same as with most dashcams.

How do we use the SD in computer to play the footage? Are there any SD card adopters required to read in Laptop?

= via microsd PC slot or you can buy Microsd to USB reader

This unit has HDMI. How do we remove the dashcam to play using HDMI or computer?

= no hdmi

I find another model in youtube Cf-100B, but I am not able find this unit in amazon or other sites.

If we go with battery version, we can use the same dash cam unit to make still photo of accident scene. If I go with CF-100, I need to look for another camera to make still photo of accident scene.

= use your mobile phone.

What are the inexpensive cameras available to use with USB/Car Lighter socket?

Are there ways to attach/add Suction Cup Mount to existing CF-100 mount?

As I review CF-100 in DCT, I find

Magnetic bracket / mount for BlackSys CF-100

Slide In-Out Quick mount-dismount bracket

Where can I find these Magnetic bracket / mount & Slide In-Out Quick mount-dismount bracket ?

How easy to remove this attached Magnetic bracket / mount & Slide In-Out Quick mount-dismount bracket from car's windshield/CF-100 Mount (if need it to)?

I did not find IR LEDs in CF-100 front/rear camera. How does CF-100 capture video footage during night without IR LEDs?

I did check compare Dash Cam in DCT. There is no way to filter/identify Duel Lens units for compare. Is there a way to do it?

Magnetic brackets and slide-in/out are my DIY projects.
Use 3M dual lock instead of 3M adhesive if you want to mount-dismount main unit.
IR-LEDs ? - useless ! If you see IR leds on any dashcam, - just avoid them, -they are low grade. Forget IR at all !

Surely after a week of taking the front camera off at the end of your journey, then getting into the back to disconnect the rear camera...then coming back to the car and putting them both back on...you'll get fed up and just leave them in place. I can't imagine doing that after every journey!

Back