New to dash cams, need advice.

mud_runner

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, I'm new to dash cams, never used one before. I've been looking around online, and there's so many different ones I'm not sure which would be a good investment. I do a lot of trail riding and see so much beautiful scenery, but quite often I'm unable to get any video or pictures of it. But more importantly when I'm not on the trails I do a lot of city driving, and I think it would be good to have because of them not so great drivers I encounter daily. I'm looking for cams so I can record out of the windshield and the rear window, and wouldn't mind having one to record just the passenger area as well. I'm figuring y'all won't point me towards a terrible cam that ain't worth the time and money. I'm not looking to hide the windshield and rear window cams, just the passenger area cam. Total price range I'm looking to spend for this is around $250-300. Any ideas? Any advice will be appreciated. Thank you for reading.

for trail riding you're really looking at something a bit different to regular car cams, Innovv C3 and SJ4000 are worth a look and also have dashcam functionality, auto record at power on, loop record etc

DashCam is best left untouched as a set it and forget it permanent appliance. If you get an action camera that you want to use double duty part-time DashCam part-time action cam you risk forgetting to reinstall it missing a moment of truth.

DashCam is best left untouched as a set it and forget it permanent appliance. If you get an action camera that you want to use double duty part-time DashCam part-time action cam you risk forgetting to reinstall it missing a moment of truth.

yeah I would prefer two devices to do it properly, appreciate that not everyone has the funds though

I actually am looking for two different devices. A permanent Dashcam, and a action cam. And I was looking at the Innovv C3, and I think that would work good for using it on the trails. From what I was reading the Innovv C3 cams are waterproof, and look relatively small so could put them on the outside of my truck on the roof to maybe get better angles. Also The Innovv C3 would also work good in the cab of the truck as well, so wouldn't have bulky cams right in my face. So that takes care of two of my camera needs haha.

DashCamTalk.com has some very good reviews.
These reviews are pretty unbiased written by people who own dashcams.

the Innovv C3 cams are waterproof, and look relatively small so could put them on the outside of my truck
As soon as I get some extension cables i'm working on putting one in the grill of my car.

Back