New to dash cams

gargoyle

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi everyone.

I am new to dash cams. After some research, I decided to buy a VIOFO A119 V3 with the gps mount. I have not yet installed and used it. (I hope I made a good choice.) After more reading, I find I probably will need some type of viewer software in order to see videos along with the gps information with a map. As most people here probably know, VIOFO does not offer any software with their cameras as many other brands do. I have seen posts for Dashcam Viewer, but I think I would need more than the free version in order to see all the videos, all together from a long trip. I really didn't expect to have to spend more money for software. Will any other manufacture's software work with VIOFO? I have also been told about the free software, Novatrakt (https://github.com/RobTrehy/NovaTrakt). I haven't seen much current information about this software, videos or instructions for using this free software. Is it safe to download? Is there somewhere to find instructions for use?

I hope I didn't make this purchase and then not be able to fully see the videos with gps tracking unless I spend more money. Any input would be useful.

Thanks

I use the very capable Dashcam Viewer that does all you ask :

The trial version is fully functioning except for a 2 file limit

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum gargoyle.

I personally dont use the dashcam dedicated players, cuz i know where i drive so dont need to see that in a map.
It is also rare i need to compile a longer video of smaller ones, but when i have i just drop the XX videos into my video editing software, then mark them all and drop them to the timeline, the software should place them in the correct order by the file name.

TBH I mostly play the videos in my default VLC but on the occasion I want to find a particular spot Dashcam Viewer is ideal as you can click on the map 'route line' and it takes you straight there.

Back