New to DashCam Talk (and new owner)

Slynky

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Mini 805
Installed my new 805 yesterday and drove to end of street and back again. Maybe a minute to a minute and a half. Checked MOV file on PC. Looked and sounded great.

Today, drove to Walmart and it stopped recording and started recording over and over. The 15-minute trip must have stopped and started 8-10 times.

I thought it would record non-stop until I stopped the car.

Do I have a setting wrong or something? Or is this the way it's supposed to be? (seems like I could have an accident during the time it has stopped recording...)

Thanks in advance. :)

You probably have motion detection turned on. Turn it off...

Thanks, Simbo. Yes, that appears to be it... well, sort of.

I drove for about 10 minutes and it seemed OK but when I got back home and reviewed, it broke the trip up into a 300MB file and a shorter one. Everytime I looked, the blinking light was recording but I must have missed it when it stopped and started again.

I wish there was a PDF instruction file that explained settings better than the tiny booklet that came with it--I read.

And, as always, when I ask a question on a forum, I do the responsible thing--use some time to thank the person who spent their time helping me.

Thank you.

I thought I had thanked the responders...but it seems I haven't.

Yes, Jokiin, that seems to have forced the recording to keep running. Thanks.

It's weird, though. It starts off with the blue and red lights alternating and then later, just a blue light blinks. But it's still recording.

Thanks, Kilgetty. Yes, there is a bit more explanation there. :)

I thought I had thanked the responders...but it seems I haven't.

Yes, Jokiin, that seems to have forced the recording to keep running. Thanks.

It's weird, though. It starts off with the blue and red lights alternating and then later, just a blue light blinks. But it's still recording.

Mine does the same at first (red/blue flash). I think this is to show that it is both recharging the internal battery AND recording at the same time.

Mine does the same at first (red/blue flash). I think this is to show that it is both recharging the internal battery AND recording at the same time.

Thanks for your reply. Until I hear a better explanation, I'll go with that one. :)

Back