Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hey everyone.
I'm new to this but I have a bit of an understanding. I know what I want

Reasons for wanting a dash cam.

I have had my car broke in to.
Car was in a hit and run
Have witnessed 4 accidents in the last 2 years. One in which the lady in front of me was side swiped
By a semi and went into a pond.

So I have a general idea of what I want.
Good quality
Video that overlaps
Gps.
Date and time.
Speed
Motion detection if possible
On when car starts.

What do you guys think of this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330863026593

Let me know and or would accept recommendations.

Thanks guys

Hope to be able to help soo

Last edited by a moderator:
88foxtrot said:
jokiin said:
88foxtrot said:

link is dead, can you try again?

Sorry. Maybe causr I'm running off of my phone on the ebay app
It works for me.
Item # is 330863026593

Or when ibget home ill put up a new link.

no problem, found it from the item number

they have it in a GPS version also http://www.ebay.com/itm/221181332018 I'm not a big fan of using models without GPS but others may not agree

hard to say what the quality would be like without knowing the full specs of the unit, also the software is what often sets good ones apart from the not so good ones, maybe see if you could get some further info from the seller, they may not know much about it anyway but no harm in asking

There is a large thread on the GS8000 here. Reviews are generally positive but there some owners have had issues. It is a new camera and there appear to be numerous versions so it is hard to say which one is the best of the bunch.

no problem, found it from the item number

they have it in a GPS version also http://www.ebay.com/itm/221181332018 I'm not a big fan of using models without GPS but others may not agree

hard to say what the quality would be like without knowing the full specs of the unit, also the software is what often sets good ones apart from the not so good ones, maybe see if you could get some further info from the seller, they may not know much about it anyway but no harm in asking[/quote]

so contacted the seller and i could hardly understand the message but they do not seem to know much about the product and could only give me the gps software?

"the software is in cd, version is v1.0.8 G82A,K"???
thats all i received

88foxtrot said:
so contacted the seller and i could hardly understand the message but they do not seem to know much about the product and could only give me the gps software?

"the software is in cd, version is v1.0.8 G82A,K"???
thats all i received

perhaps someone that has one might be able to comment, it's a very generic statement though so might be difficult to be sure that whatever you're buying matches whatever someone else has even if the numbers are the same

one things for sure though, your seller doesn't know a lot about what they're selling, this is not uncommon though

Its poop cause id just like to order one already and have it work decently
lol
im not asking for a 4000 dollar camera
just something to keep me protected and to catch some of the things i see. mind you if i get one that will probably stop
i posted in the vendors section but just curious what sellers have had the best product or best communication and such

thanks

Back