New to the Forum and Git2

Drifter

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey All,

I just packed up my SJCAM M10+ and am sending it back for credit. One of the major reasons is the 12MP Sensor that is , well, a lie. I was really curious as to why the pixelation on the 12MP setting and that got me to doing some in depth research which led me here and other blogs. I was shocked to see it is only a 4MP sensor and I kick myself for relying on the manufacturing posting accurate technical information.

Beyond the sensor issue, I did like the camera features as the gyro worked really well. So now that the cam is on it's way back to the vendor. I will be getting a replacement brand and the Git2 seems to fit the bill. I am not seeing negatives that cause me worry (unless I am missing something) and I hope this unit fits the bill the M10+ failed to.

If you have any input on the Git2 as far as short falls or issues, please post up !

Thanks

Mark

Welcome to DCT forum !

With GitUp at least you will not receive lies in specifications and the firmware support is great. Just yesterday for Git1 was released a new firmware.
With Git2, compared to M10+ and Git1 you will not have so good image in low light because the sensor is much bigger, 12MP.

Many chinese manufacturers are lying about specs just for sales purposes, no matter how buyer is feeling after purchase. This is the way of doing business for them. See my signature.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited:
With Git2, compared to M10+ and Git1 you will not have so good image in low light because the sensor is much bigger, 12MP.
Git2 sensor is 16MP, M10+ is 4MP, Git1 is 2MP. SJ5000 and GoPro have 12MP sensors!

Git2 gyro is a better than M10+ gyro, even though the M10+ gyro is quite good.

I am looking forward to a 16MP sensor. The 4Mp sensor on the M10+ was average at best even in low light.
If the gyro is better in the git2 then the M10+ I will be ecstatic as I felt the M10+ gyro was awesome.

Many chinese manufacturers are lying about specs just for sales purposes, no matter how buyer is feeling after purchase. This is the way of doing business for them.

enjoy,
Mtz

I vote with my wallet and that is why I sent the M10+ back to the vendor for manufacturer false advertising. I could see f they said 12MP resolution but they don't, the website says 12MP CMOS sensor which is terrible.

Git2 sensor is 16MP, M10+ is 4MP, Git1 is 2MP. SJ5000 and GoPro have 12MP sensors!

Git2 gyro is a better than M10+ gyro, even though the M10+ gyro is quite good.
SJ5000 Wi-Fi is 14MP, SJ5000X is 12MP sensor

I vote with my wallet and that is why I sent the M10+ back to the vendor for manufacturer false advertising. I could see f they said 12MP resolution but they don't, the website says 12MP CMOS sensor which is terrible.
If they declare it for 12MP photo resolution, not a big problem, but not good to declare it as 12MP sensor.

They are using the 12MP (resized!) photo resolution trick in several ways, like for example first feature of the camera is the 12MP where you expect to see the CMOS size and then somewhere down they are writing the truth or same 12MP in some style like they are not knowing english and because of this we can excuse them for false specifications.

Another trick is to send first time false specifications like by mistake to chinese online stores and they are listing like that. After users reports, the manufacturers are blaming the seller because they don't want to write the updated truth. And like SJCam they are updating somewhere in their site with the truth but people will not see from the first time.
I don't think chinese serious sellers like Banggood, Gearbest, Geekbuying or others are receiving a 4MP or 2K camera and they are writing 12MP or 4K in product name. But also these sellers know the specs can be false and they are not trying to verify.

The only way to fight is use the PayPal protection and send back false advertised products. I am sure that after 100-200 returned products the seller will stop sale such product and even stop selling some brand.

enjoy,
Mtz

SJ5000 Wi-Fi is 14MP, SJ5000X is 12MP sensor
Except for the special limited edition 5000X with upgraded lens which only has a 4MP sensor!

Very hard to keep track of what these SJCAM cameras actually have inside them.

1000pcs SJCAM SJ5000x "Limited Edition" have arrived. This 1000pc SJ5000x batch will have the OmniVison 4689 Sensor and an Upgraded Lens.

Since I am done with SJCAM I really no longer care to hear about them until their act gets corrected.

In the meantime, how is Gitup for a company? Specs on the Git2 look impressive and seem to be *real*.

In the meantime, how is Gitup for a company? Specs on the Git2 look impressive and seem to be *real*.

I've been so impressed with what I've seen of this camera's capabilities and build quality and the way that the company conducts themselves on this forum that I've been contemplating the purchase of the Git2 even though I'm not really even in the market for a camera in this form factor.

Is the Git2 it's own beast or is there another brand that is the same but the name is different?

It was created by GitUp from zero. In some posts in two forums from time to time wrote some informations like:
- GitUp Git2 is the first Novatek chipset NT96660 camera which is using the IMX206 CMOS
- they searched a lot for a good microphone and lens
- right now they are testing a 90 degree lens with no image distortion

It is not an advantage for them as being first with IMX206 because Novatek need to work more for this new CMOS compared to the IMX078 chipset used by SJ5000x which is about 4 years old and Novatek had enough time to tune their chipset with old Sony CMOSs.
But we are lucky because they have a real firmware developer team and until Novatek is tuning the new chipset they can do some improvements.

enjoy,
Mtz

If you search for action cams on EBay, you can find claims of 20 megapixels and of course the 4k res. fakes!

Back