New to Thinkware and Dash Cams

eros28

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello,

I was hoping I could get some help with a few questions but before I go into my questions I'll let you know what type of hardware I have.

Thinkware F800Pro front/rear
Hardwired to a Blackvue B-124 Ultra Magic to a 20amp fuse on a 2018 Audi A5
256GB Sankisk Micro SD card (the A1).

My two main questions are:
1) no matter what settings I choose on the Thinkware iOS app...I can't see any recorded video's in the "Motion Detection" or "Parking Incident" folders...all of my 1min clips for front and back are in the "Continuous" folder. Do I have to manually moved them to each folder? How would I know if there was motion detected? I do have parking mode enabled to montion detection on lowest.

2) Since the camera's are connected to the battery I have to hear the dash cam say "motion detection incident or parking incident" detected like in a lot of other videos I have seen on YouTube.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. :)

Do you have the correct cable connection between the battery pack and dash cam? You required a spliced output cable. Just using the battery's 12V socket won't enable parking mode for the Thinkware.

If you do have the correct connection, do you have parking mode enabled in the settings? By default, this is off.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes, I actually got the cable between the battery and the dash cam from you guys.

The connection is on "hardwired" and I do have parking mode setting in the app enabled.

I know the battery itself has a enable/disable batter protection in the Blackvue Battery App.

You required a spliced output cable. Just using the battery's 12V socket won't enable parking mode for the Thinkware

This is the one I got from you guys. Is there another cable I should have gotten?

Attachments

• blackboxmycar-services-hardwire-splicing-blackboxmycar-10843031371799_x700.jpg
    blackboxmycar-services-hardwire-splicing-blackboxmycar-10843031371799_x700.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 5
Hm, you have the correct cable and settings enabled. Do you hear the dash cam entering and exiting parking mode?

Since you purchased from us directly, you can always contact our team at info@blackboxmycar.ca with your order number and we'll happily take a closer look into this for you.

Do you hear the dash cam entering and exiting parking mode?

I actually don't, I have yet to hear voice from the unit say that it's entering parking mode. I hear it say connected and disconnected from a smartphone.

I have used a multimeter and a circuit tester to verify that the fuse (20A) used does not supply power when the ACC/car is off. Every other fuse gives me a 12.1V-12.5V reading when the car is off. I've made sure to have the car off for 20 mins and not have the keyfob close when testing fuses.

The only thing I can think of is that the camera, since it's connected to the external battery and running of it, cannot tell that the car is off to engage parking mode.

Q: So does this become a external batter issue? I've connected the battery to ground and the other cable to the only 20A switched fuse I have in the car. The batter only charges when the car is in ACC or running. (The switch fuse is for the ignition coils. It's on when the car is in ACC/running and off when the car is off).
Q: Or is this a F800 Pro issue where I may need to tweak the battery voltage settings in the app? Or worse, a defective unit?

Your installation and settings all seem fine. Unlikely to be a battery or dash cam issue, since the dash cam is turning on which also means the battery is providing power. The battery remains on when the car is off, correct?

Starting to sound like the wiring harness between the battery pack and dash cam may be the issue. If you can DM me your order number and name, I can send you a new one.

Back