New U1000 - sensitivity questions

hyperm3

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Vico Opia2 and loving it
Have my new U1000 set up in my car. Maybe I have this set incorrectly but even with my sensitivity for parking set to the lowest, I still get impact and motion alerts when I get in my car....after its parked in my personal home garage!

Even when Im parked at work on a private side street, I get motion alerts and impact alerts. When I watch the videos theres nothing on them except the view out my window. Is there an issue with my camera or do I need to change to high sensitivity or something?

That is the usual problem if you use motion detect, every little thing will set it off, and you will have tonnes of videos of nothing to go thru hoping to find that thing you need.
Regarding G sensor, then yes i get that too as i slam the door on my car to leave, only way to do away with that would be to have a delay in the hand over to parking guard / mode, and the A139 i am currently testing also have this ( up to 90 seconds as i recall )
So using that would remove my door slam G sensor triggers.
Personally i am using low bitrate recording, that just record all the time while parked, though in low bitrate to conserve memory card space, and also heat generation inside the camera, beside that i have G - sensor on in case of a actual event.
Of course the Viofo A139 is not smart so no notifications ASO on the phone, i would not like something like that not least if i get spammed with no good notifications. ( avid phone hater here )

Parking in the garage i would of course turn off the system, no need for it to be live in a "locked space" of your house.

That is the usual problem if you use motion detect, every little thing will set it off, and you will have tonnes of videos of nothing to go thru hoping to find that thing you need.
Regarding G sensor, then yes i get that too as i slam the door on my car to leave, only way to do away with that would be to have a delay in the hand over to parking guard / mode, and the A139 i am currently testing also have this ( up to 90 seconds as i recall )
So using that would remove my door slam G sensor triggers.
Personally i am using low bitrate recording, that just record all the time while parked, though in low bitrate to conserve memory card space, and also heat generation inside the camera, beside that i have G - sensor on in case of a actual event.
Of course the Viofo A139 is not smart so no notifications ASO on the phone, i would not like something like that not least if i get spammed with no good notifications. ( avid phone hater here )

Parking in the garage i would of course turn off the system, no need for it to be live in a "locked space" of your house.
Thanks for the quick reply. When you say turn off the system, you mean unplug it? That would get annoying every time I get in and out of the car each day. Im just confused as to why I get motion or impact recording in my garage.

No on most systems if you long press button ( most often power button ) that will override the parking mode and turn the system off, on next start of the car everything will be back to normal, it is just a temporary override.

On the A139 i am testing this dont work as they have programmed all keys to be off in parking mode, so with that model you have to press the power off button before you turn off the car, if you dont and the system have changed to parking guard all you can do is pull the power plug,,,,, which also work.

On the Street Guardian SG9663DR i am testing it is a bit different, this is a dual remote system so you hide the main unit in your car, and so cant really get to its power button to turn it off, but as it is such a system it have a wired event button, which also have the microphone CUZ if you buried the main unit deep sound will be bad if the microphone was in there.
So on that system a long press ( 10 seconds ) of the remote button turn the system off ( from what ever mode it is currently in ) a shorter press ( 3 seconds ) turn on / off the wifi in the system, and a regular short press of the button start a event recording.

I am not familiar with Thinkware systems, never had one of those, so cant sadly give any model specific advise on your model.

to get alerts when parked in your private garage is a bit strange.
in the streets it's pretty normal. there's always some movement happening.
impact alert can even be triggered when a car with a loud engine drives by.
the way i see it is; i rather have too many clips, than having the risk of the camera not filming when it's needed ;-)

Impact alerts shouldn't be happening but motion alerts can trigger even if there are shadows/lights being recorded. The system isn't smart enough to differentiate this from real movement of an object, unfortunately.

i have impact alert on sensitive level and car's driving by or even strong wind will set it off

I guess my question is how am I supposed to set my sensitivity? Very high or extra low. The instruction manual isnt really clear. When I watch the video of the "impact detection" from my garage theres basically just a short video of my front wall.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L U1000 11
T U1000 3
H U1000 1
T U1000 2
R U1000 0
Back