New user frustrated

Bertbear

Reaction score
Country
United States
Bought an F1C as a possible alternative to Mobius as a dash cam. Not sure if I am missing something or this camera just won't do what I expect.

My Mobius cams start recording on external power on, close out and stop on external power off. Lather, rinse repeat.

The F1C does not seem to be able to do that in any combination of settings. If there is a guide to setup such a system I would appreciate a link.

Frustrating is that not all of the settings in the app are available in the camera menus and most remain undefined or simply do not seem to change anything.

In the app, in Camera System Setting, what are the following supposed to do:
A) Quick capture, seems to make no difference on power on
B) External Power
1) Power On, this seems to be what all settings do
2) Charge, not expecting this to work since it is the capacitor model
3) Record, seems to just power on, not start recording on external power
4) Dash Cam, seems to just power on, not start recording on external power

After changing settings and trying probably 100 combinations of settings the camera did start recording when power was applied twice, not in a row, and never repeatable.

Thanks for any help.

Welcome to the forum.
You could have the camera on a too weak power source, this generally make a camera behave erratic in regard to starting up and get on with recording.

Thank you for the welcome. You sir are on point! I was using a supply rated at 1 amp, on an 18 inch cord. I swapped to a 2.1 amp source on this same cord and it worked much more as I would have expected. I am back on track.

Thank You!

I think you'll find the F1C to be a worthy successor to the original Mobius in most ways. Wish I'd bought one when they were easier to source!

Phil

I think you'll find the F1C to be a worthy successor to the original Mobius in most ways. Wish I'd bought one when they were easier to source!

Phil
Unfortunately, the F1C has not been supported by GitUp since launch, despite its good potential. I reported a number of video and function issues with the F1C during my time testing it but there have been no firmware updates to fix anything.

Last edited:
After enquiring with GitUp they have sent me a firmware file for the F1C so I can reset it after experimenting with Falsificator's MOD firmware (Note: the MOD firmware for the F1 is NOT SUITABLE for use on the F1C since the power management is written for the battery-powered F1, rather than the capacitor in the F1C).

Last edited:
Back