New user issues

The Falko

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hello everyone,

Recently I bought the Mini 0906 dashcam and installed it with the hardware parking kit and the CPL filter-lens. The installation went fine but I am having some issues with camera while running.

First of all it has quite a few memory errors and the only way to restore it is by doing a card format which makes me lose all my videos. I don't know if it is because of my SD-card, this is a Kingston SDXC class 10 card, or because the camera gets to hot. Most of the times when it gives the error the camera screen will stay dark when I start the car and all lights (red, blue and green) are solid instead of the red one blipping when it's recording.

For some reason in the top right the camera keeps giving a temperature of around 45 degrees Celsius although it is about 15-20 degrees Celsius outside.

Next to the camera stopping to work the resolution is at 720p30fps for both front and rear although I set it to 1080P30fps front and rear.

I hope you guys can help me with any of this, I have installed the most recent firmware from the official website.

On my prototype i have seen temperatures over 100 degrees C, but need to take that with a pinch of salt as it was after all a pre-production sample
But the camera will become hotter than the outside temperature.
The camera running 720 when 1080 are selected are a new one to me, the initial testing with the 0906 was pretty uneventful and i think most of the guys that got a test unit had a okay experience with it.
Sadly mine stopped working one day, otherwise it would still be in my car that's for sure.

It would be a good idea to test that Kingston card out with h2testw, this will loose all data on it, but as you had no crashes that should not matter.

Where did you get the unit from ?
There seem to be some people selling the 0906 units, but it was so early we agreed it must be some of the 100 or so pre-production samples that was made.

On my prototype i have seen temperatures over 100 degrees C, but need to take that with a pinch of salt as it was after all a pre-production sample
But the camera will become hotter than the outside temperature.
The camera running 720 when 1080 are selected are a new one to me, the initial testing with the 0906 was pretty uneventful and i think most of the guys that got a test unit had a okay experience with it.
Sadly mine stopped working one day, otherwise it would still be in my car that's for sure.

It would be a good idea to test that Kingston card out with h2testw, this will loose all data on it, but as you had no crashes that should not matter.

Where did you get the unit from ?
There seem to be some people selling the 0906 units, but it was so early we agreed it must be some of the 100 or so pre-production samples that was made.

Yeah I have noticed it will become hotter, that is not surprising but if you're saying the temperature is not always working correctly could be the problem. The manual states that when the dashcam gets over 45 degrees or something like that the resolution will drop to 720p, I guess that's what's causing it.

As for the SD-card, the h2testw is some test software I can get online?

And I got the dashcam from dashcammagazijn, it's a Dutch/Belgian company selling dashcams and action camera's. Have not found any bad reviews about them but I will send them an email about the errors and stuff.

As for now I guess testing the SD-card is the first and probably only thing I can do?

That was with the pre production samples, the actual production cameras should be fine in this regard, no doubt the temperatures i saw then was much higher than the actual temperature.

Yes it is a nifty little free program to test storage devises for errors, it do take a while depending on size and card rear/write speed.

I had quite a few kingston cards fail me, but that's natural when all i had was kingston cards at one time, also never had a problem getting a new one if they failed.
So it is not a brand i can recommend against at all, i more or less had any brand and class of card fail me, some even before i got to fill the card up 1 time.

https://www.raymond.cc/blog/test-an...b-flash-drives-bought-from-ebay-with-h2testw/

Dident MEG say they just made 100 beta cameras for initial testing ?

I have tested the SD-card and it had 46GB of corrupted data so I am returning that one for a new one which hopefully works fine.
The thing about the beta models is quite weird I think, I only bought it 2 weeks ago.
Is there any way I can verify I have a beta version or a official release version?
And if it is the beta version where can I get the official released one?
Also may it help to download the most recent beta firmware from this forum or would it only give me a bigger disadvantage?

That would be a job / question for @Rayman.Chan so i just highlighted him for you so he can find his way in here.

I have tested the SD-card and it had 46GB of corrupted data so I am returning that one for a new one which hopefully works fine.
The thing about the beta models is quite weird I think, I only bought it 2 weeks ago.
Is there any way I can verify I have a beta version or a official release version?
And if it is the beta version where can I get the official released one?
Also may it help to download the most recent beta firmware from this forum or would it only give me a bigger disadvantage?

they weren't even released two weeks ago, could only be one of the test versions

tried a different memory card, even from the beta cameras there's no reports of massive card corruption like that, I'd be more inclined to think you have a fake capacity card

That would be a job / question for @Rayman.Chan so i just highlighted him for you so he can find his way in here.

Ah ok, thank you, I will wait for his response than.

they weren't even released two weeks ago, could only be one of the test versions

tried a different memory card, even from the beta cameras there's no reports of massive card corruption like that, I'd be more inclined to think you have a fake capacity card

Yeah I will buy a different one today to test it and send back the current one. With the release of the dashcam I will wait for the response of Rayman.Chan so I can verify which version I have.

Hi,
since China Gove**ment is working on internet control of VPN service, it is much harder for us to login to DCT and our web page server, especially the international internet connecting band is so limit.
we uploaded the new firmware to server but can't update the 0906 web page now.

please download here:
http://www.mini0906.com/firmware/FIRMWARE_20170724.zip

1, improved motion detection sensitivity
2, fixed Parking Guard bugs
3, modify alarm sounds
4, new formating prompt design

Jokiin's suggestion is extremely correct for your situation, there should not be so much interupped files.
try a new card.

Yes i was fearing that messing with VPN holes in the great firewall would cause problems, my prayers that the good people of China can join the rest of us on the "free" internet.

Thank you for the feedback, I have got a new card and did a H2testw right away and this one has no corrupted files. I will be testing the new card this week with the newest firmware.

As to my other question is there any way I can see if the dashcam I have is a pre-release or not? Would like to know so I can discuss this with the seller. :)

I think only now are the actual production cameras starting to arrive at sellers, i am not sure if the production cameras will have some kind of stickers on them with batch numbers and so on, i know the pre-production sample i got for testing dident have any kind of sticker on it.
@Rayman.Chan should know this.

Hi,
since China Gove**ment is working on internet control of VPN service, it is much harder for us to login to DCT and our web page server, especially the international internet connecting band is so limit.
we uploaded the new firmware to server but can't update the 0906 web page now.

please download here:
h**p://***.mini0906.com/firmware/FIRMWARE_20170724.zip

Something is wrong with this firmware.
I have formatted the card, copied the firmware.bin (as I did before with the other firmware), but after the power on the dashcam, it stacks at blue led (not blink) and does not start up at all.
I had to remove the memory card, format it in the card reader, copy the older firmware to it to make the dashcam work again.

am I alone with this problem?

I attached the Novatek LOG

Attachments

• FIRMWARE_20170619_OK.zip
    8.2 KB · Views: 0
  • FIRMWARE_20170724_NOK.zip
    9.3 KB · Views: 0
I had quite a few kingston cards fail me, but that's natural when all i had was kingston cards at one time, also never had a problem getting a new one if they failed.
So it is not a brand i can recommend against at all, i more or less had any brand and class of card fail me, some even before i got to fill the card up 1 time.

I had a different experience with Kingston. I had used USB stick plenty of years, because they were very reliable, so I decided to buy micro SD from them.64 GB. I had to return them (two of them) 3 times in a one year!Than I bought Sandisk Ultra Micro SD. I have to return them only once (two of them), however I am using SSD SD8SB8U512G1122 in my PC without any problem...Before 2 years ago (approximately), I bought Transcend Premium 400x MicroSDXC UHS-I Class 10, 64 GB. 2 for digital camera, one for dashcam, one for a smart phone.

In that time I have bought Samsung Evo HC I 32 GB MicroSD card also for an another smart phone.

I don`t have any problem with them so far.

I don`t dare to buy MicroSD cards from Ebay.That is a mine field for the fake cards...

I think only now are the actual production cameras starting to arrive at sellers, i am not sure if the production cameras will have some kind of stickers on them with batch numbers and so on, i know the pre-production sample i got for testing dident have any kind of sticker on it.
@Rayman.Chan should know this.

I hope so I can verify, guess I will wait for his answer and contact the seller afterwards.

Some things are just not worth the savings, for instance my current phone are a Chinese phone i got from Banggood.
Granted i have little issues with my phone but i am also a very casual user of phones, but i an pretty sure i will not get a phone like this again.
It might be a Chinese phone again, but i will have to buy it here in Denmark to have a chance of descent support and service.

Lets hope the guys can find a new hole thru the great firewall, seem like VPN are no longer a option for the poor Chinese people. :(

Back