New User Issues

Frustrated User

Reaction score
Country
United States
Unfortunately, the DR750S-2CH product is a disappointment in so many ways:

* The resolution is not as sharp as I would expect from 1080p cameras – particularly, the rear one.

* There is a tremendous amount of glare from both cameras – particularly the rear one (even though it has a polarizing filter attached).

* Both cameras RELENTLESSLY record video clips when the vehicle is in my garage (with the doors closed). This is true whether or not anything is happening the garage (such as use of clothes a washer and/or dryer.) I have tried all sorts of different settings... including, but not limited to, having all G-SENSOR (PARKING MODE) settings set to "Off" and the MOTION DETECTION (PARKING MODE) setting set to "Off". When all four of these settings are set to "Off", the cameras relentlessly record in Normal Mode (i.e., as if I was driving). When you look at the video clips, it often looks as if you were looking at photos, rather than video clips. In other words, you don't see any movement.

* I suspect that the relentless generation of video clips is having a negative effect on my vehicle battery – despite the use of a Power Magic Pro unit.

Any suggestions?

sounds defective to me? did you contact customer support? Request a replacement.

FWIW, i've gotten in the habit of turning off parking mode when i pull into my garage each night. (by turning off the PMP mounted in my center console) No reason to to have a load on the battery but the real reason was so I didnt have to mess with my phone in switching wifi connections from the cam to my home network.

sounds defective to me? did you contact customer support? Request a replacement.

FWIW, i've gotten in the habit of turning off parking mode when i pull into my garage each night. (by turning off the PMP mounted in my center console) No reason to to have a load on the battery but the real reason was so I didnt have to mess with my phone in switching wifi connections from the cam to my home network.

-----

Does this mean that the PMP in your vehicle is installed in a manner that provides easy/convenient access? (I grabbed a flashlight and tried to find the PMP in my vehicle, but was unsuccessful. Unless I'm looking in all the wrong places -- I suspect it must be both well-hidden and inaccessible.)

Before you began turning off the PMP when you pull into the garage every night... were endless video clips being generated all night long?

Have you tried tracing your PMP from the fuse box end?

I've seen posts where users of other Blackvue cams have said that the flashing security light in their car was causing the cam to record all the time.

John

-----

Does this mean that the PMP in your vehicle is installed in a manner that provides easy/convenient access? (I grabbed a flashlight and tried to find the PMP in my vehicle, but was unsuccessful. Unless I'm looking in all the wrong places -- I suspect it must be both well-hidden and inaccessible.)

Before you began turning off the PMP when you pull into the garage every night... were endless video clips being generated all night long?

Yeah, i put the PMP in the center console.

No, it did not record at night. However, its pretty much always on in parking mode at work as someone is always walking or driving by my parking spot. The only problem with that is it only gives me around 1 day worth of video history (128gb card) as my commute is ~1hr, so 1hr drive, 8-9 hrs at office and the 1hr drive home is about the duration of my card at the highest setting.

I need to mess with the parking setting to see if I can make it less sensitive, but from reading other replies, it sounds like parking is basically on/off with virtually any motion regardless of settings.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    643 KB · Views: 16
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    419.5 KB · Views: 15
-----

Are you sure you have a PMP installed? There would be no reason to have it "hidden" and if you can not find it.. likely you don't have one.

Have you tried tracing your PMP from the fuse box end?

I've seen posts where users of other Blackvue cams have said that the flashing security light in their car was causing the cam to record all the time.

John

Unfortunately, the fuse box is in a very inconvenient location that would preclude me from doing so.

I’ve tried (temporarily) covering the flashing light from the security system, but it doesn’t seem to make a difference.

Frustrated User

Are you sure you have a PMP installed? There would be no reason to have it "hidden" and if you can not find it.. likely you don't have one.

I guess I'll have to call the installation company and see if I can talk the receptionist into allowing me to speak to the technician who installed it.

Back