New user please help!

themightyimp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I bought this from Amazon. How do I know if GPS is working / fitted? Do I need to buy a GPS mount (I assumed that the one supplied was a GPS mount as the camera has GPS logging)? The box has GPS tracker written on it and a box on the side with GPS tracker ticked. Firmware version is 20140428. Grateful for your help.

Last edited:
See if you get any GPS / Map data when you play back the video files via RegistratorViewer or DashCamViewer. (links in my signature)

After powering it up, it may take several minutes initially to lock on to the GPS satellites to log it's location in battery backed memory. After that, it should be able to lock to GPS much faster when being powered up.

When powered up it should have a satellite dish showing on the display, mine is next to the batt top right corner.

When powered up it should have a satellite dish showing on the display, mine is next to the batt top right corner.

Many thanks.

Another (silly) question. At present the mount is to the left of the camera. If I put it to the right (i.e. turn it upside down) will this cause issues (apart from picture upside down which I assume that I can rotate in the pc if necessary. I ask as this will make the installation much better looking.

Thanks again

After powering it up, it may take several minutes initially to lock on to the GPS satellites to log it's location in battery backed memory. After that, it should be able to lock to GPS much faster when being powered up.

Thank you

Don't think you will get the movement on the mount to get a decent picture when on the windscreen if the camera is inverted.

Back