New user, where do I start?!

xshortx

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just recieved my camera today. Signed up for an account today as well! Hi!
Where do I start with getting the best possible image from the camera? I'm going to check the lens focus later and adjust accordingly if needed.
I'll check the firmware as well to see if I'm up to date, or should I not bother and just download the firmware shown here?
Does the firmware correct sharpness or is that done via scripts? Is there a way of adjusting the image for a flatter image for colour grading later? Thanks in advance for any advice

Welcome to forum !

It
first.. what version did you get?
it's a 22. I thought it was supposed to be the 23L but the 22 turned up. Their doesn't seem to be a difference between serial numbers though is there?!?

i think your version comes with the ir filter, if im not mistaken, so you should be good to go without replacing the lens..

maybe just re adjust the focus if needed, you will need to try taking videos, pictures, or even plugging your xiaoyi to the tv with the micro hdmi and see if its out of focus...

other thing you can do is use the custom firmwares and modified autoexec thingy, i personally havent used those yet, so i dont know much of it .

i think your version comes with the ir filter, if im not mistaken, so you should be good to go without replacing the lens..

maybe just re adjust the focus if needed, you will need to try taking videos, pictures, or even plugging your xiaoyi to the tv with the micro hdmi and see if its out of focus...

other thing you can do is use the custom firmwares and modified autoexec thingy, i personally havent used those yet, so i dont know much of it .
Cheers for the reply, I've tested the lens sharpness and it's pretty much perfect. I won't be taking it apart any time soon! I've found a lot of good accessories online as well.

Back