NEW V2000GS FAIL with video!!

Chad

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
GS9000/F9 (junk)/F900L/V2000GS/V5000GS/Panorama 2s/Mobius
Anyone experience anything like this? Sometimes it records fine for the full 10 minutes (what I have my cycle set to). Other times it won't get past 30 seconds without freezing, sometimes I will make it to the 4 or 5 minute mark before freezing. It's happens at completely random times. The timer on the bottom of the screen stops counting and the red icon in the upper left corner of the screen stops animating. The view on the LCD screen still produces pictures tho. None of the buttons work when it freezes. I have to push the reset button on the bottom of unit, then unplug it and plug it back in to resume recording. I am enjoying this camera but this is unacceptable. Reliability is a must for me.

I'm using a sandisk 32 gig class 10 card, 10 minute recording cycles. I have reformatted the card via the camera twice and it still freezes. Any thoughts?

I sent the seller a message explaining what is happening and this is the message I got back . . . are you kidding me???

Capture_zps0b2485b3.jpg

You can try formatting with SD Formatter. Perhaps try a different SD card. If those don't solve the problem, the camera is likely defective.

Unfortunately I tried 3 different cards (2 sandisks and a Kensington)...each formatted with sd formatter, then I tried formatting thru windows, then in the camera. My seller is still refusing to acknowledge any problems. All they keep saying is that they test every camera before they send it. Suuuuuuuure they do. :roll: I had to open a dispute with aliexpress ... Which I hate doing, but I just want what I paid for.

The seller finally agreed to take the camera back for a refund.

I really do like this camera (when it worked) should I take my chances on buying another one, from a different seller? Or steer clear of this all together. What are the chances I'll get a bad one again?

That problem can be solved by the firmware developer. If they know who is that guy. :lol:
I think was better for you the camera have problems, because you have now a reason to ask for a refund. The video quality is typical chinese poor lens.

enjoy,
Mtz

Wow, it looks like your video went through a cycle of multiple post-processing psychedelic video filters!! :shock:

What were you smoking in your car? :lol: :lol:

Would have I been the seller, well... it would me think to a joke rather than a real malfunctioning cam.

It seems that the camera is going to apply a predefined set of image filters, trying to find a match for something or to converge some algorithm but with no success. And their appear to be really weird!

Cheers,

fez

Maybe I'm asking for trouble but I ordered another one from eBay. Truth is I REALLY like this camera. Small size, stable mount, great quality, good sound...etc. hopefully I will get a good one this time and not get screwed. I'm hoping the last one was an isolated incident. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I have this camera as well and it works good. I do notice that it randomly stops recording for some reason. I have firmware 1.08 T24MFH and wanted the 1.6 firmware. I have the bin file of 1.6 but do not know how to upgrade. Nice camera though. I like it for the same reasons you do.

I just got the new one in the mail today...seems to be working well so far. No freezing thus far, but I've only driven about an hour with it. Hopefully this one keeps working. Looks hopeful tho, because the last one started freezing right away.

Back