New version of Replay still won't play on both my pc's

DC1066

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Previous replay 3 versions wouldn't play my 412G files on both my computers and it hangs. Now with the new version just released I was hoping for it to play but again it hangs and won't work. My computer is high spec which I built myself and have built many since the early 1980's. It just won't load more than a couple of files at a time and is extremely slow to run then crashes. Unlike the replay 2 which runs and loads all the files with no problems.
So can any-one throw a light on this?

Any clues in the Event Viewer ?

Hi, its an intel i7-2600k @ 3.40Ghz with a NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX. 4G of ram. the computer I built myself.
If I select any amount of files to view it just won't play them and the whole program goes very slow then crashes and then it won't respond at all.
But the replay 2 works very well with no problems but just recently it kept disappearing from my computer! I found out it was Kaspersky that kept deleting Replay 2 saying it was malware! Really?
Replay 3 will not play on my laptop either and hangs or crashes. So, is there a problem with replay 3???
No clues in the event viewer either. So everytime I want to view footage from my dashcam I have to go looking for Replay 2 and then if it's not there I have to reinstall it again.
Why can't things be easy. I do tend to have a nack in finding bugs/software problems nowadays (unlucky I guess or is it lucky)?
I have no problems playing video of any definition.

Good old 8800GTX :) that should still do fine, even for a little gaming if you dont go too wild with the bling bling settings and stick to 1080p,
As i recall the 8800GTX are just shy of 1 Gb of memory, my GTX 570 are just over 1 Gb if my memory serve me right.

Real men build their own PC.

might be a decent processor (which is less relevant for this anyway) but less than 1GB of video and only 4GB of RAM doesn't go far these days

No it is indeed on the low side, i am only sort of okay on my quadcore CPU and fine with my 32 Gb ram, but CPU and GFX card i really would love to update, but if i did i would have to get new ram too as new stuff require DDR4 and i have DDR3.
And not forgetting damn bitcoin miners ruining the GFX market for DIY builders.

I cant recall when the I7 2600K came out or what it can do Vs my I7 6700K

Hi, its an intel i7-2600k @ 3.40Ghz with a NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX. 4G of ram. the computer I built myself.
If I select any amount of files to view it just won't play them and the whole program goes very slow then crashes and then it won't respond at all.
But the replay 2 works very well with no problems but just recently it kept disappearing from my computer! I found out it was Kaspersky that kept deleting Replay 2 saying it was malware! Really?
Replay 3 will not play on my laptop either and hangs or crashes. So, is there a problem with replay 3???
No clues in the event viewer either. So everytime I want to view footage from my dashcam I have to go looking for Replay 2 and then if it's not there I have to reinstall it again.
Why can't things be easy. I do tend to have a nack in finding bugs/software problems nowadays (unlucky I guess or is it lucky)?
I have no problems playing video of any definition.
As it's not working on either your PC or laptop I would think it's something common to both. If you have Kaspersky installed on both and you haven't already done it I would disable Kasperky and try running Replay 3 again.

I've found that the best program to play my clips is Firefox of all things. Beats Replay, WMP & VLC. Firefox just plays them smooth as silk.

Right click - 'open with'

Thats interesting jagmanmick, I do have kaspersky on both my computers so I did a test on my main pc and paused protection and replay worked! It was very very slow to load about tweny files but once left to do it they all loaded ok and played. Replay 2 works much faster though but does have less to load as it has a basic play option, thats if kaspersky doesn't decide to delete it yet again!
I will see if I can get it to ignore replay 3 in the settings. I know that in the past I have had problems with Kaspersky stopping or blocking various things I do on my pc which is very frustrating especially when I try to buy something off the internet. It is a very good program but I have noticed since I upgraded from Kaspersky 2017 to 2018 it is very much more intrusive with things I run.
Many thanks for the headsup jagmanmick.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D 412GW 2
H 412GW 7
S 412GW 4
S 412GW 2
B 412GW 7
Back