New Viofo A139 !

Now understood

It doesn't interest me !!
I have all the firmware without you!
Happy to share anything I have with anybody when the time is proper :) I just think that beta-testers should wait so the public does not get the wrong message about anything that got fixed during testing. There will always be someone else doing that anyway I guess, and I'm sure you have those sources ;)

I do appreciate your efforts to help people and I'm always for making better cams by better FW (y)

Phil

I had a bit of condensation on my windscreen the other morning - no problem for driving - it was almost not noticeable to my eyes and I could see ahead with no issues - but the cam seemed to really not like the steamy glass in direct sunlight...

...but the cam seemed to really not like the steamy glass in direct sunlight...
I adjusted the metering tables and gamma curves, but the overexposed areas of the frame still remained.
It is necessary to correct the algorithm of automatic exposure correction...

I had a bit of condensation on my windscreen the other morning - no problem for driving - it was almost not noticeable to my eyes and I could see ahead with no issues - but the cam seemed to really not like the steamy glass in direct sunlight...
Remember that the camera is at the top of the screen so sometimes it has to look through condensation when the rest of the screen that your eyes look through is clear.

However I agree with vvs49 that the FW would benefit from some exposure adjustment. That will come in time.

The actual basic IQ firmware is 6 months ago.
And when will VIOFO please with the new firmware?
I'm going to take HDR with 119V3
I don't want extra trouble !! :)

VIOFO !!
To reset by default, you need to go to the wifi, after that 139 reboots and again you need to enter the wifi, which is very inconvenient.
Today 139 disconnected himself from the power supply and immediately turned on himself!!!??
If I calmly switched the cables 119, then the PC, then the PSU in 139 does not work that way, in the USB PC, there are no problems, but for 5 volts, 139 starts to turn off, turn on, constantly !!

Attachments

• 139_P.jpg
    139_P.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 21
139 starts to turn off, turn on, constantly !!
Too much resistance in the cable, so when it starts using a lot of power the voltage drops and it turns off.
Maybe your switch has too much resistance in the contacts - very likely.

It is working correctly.

To reset by default, you need to go to the wifi, after that 139 reboots and again you need to enter the wifi, which is very inconvenient.
You can also set it to default using the buttons, but I can't remember which ones, maybe it is in the user manual?

Every cam needs enough power, and Viofo cams seem to like having more of that than most. They supply a more robust PS/HWK than you get with most cams so that you don't have problems with power, and they are reliable using the supplied PS or HWK. Using any other power source or cabling is not recommended with Viofo cams ;)

Phil

Too much resistance in the cable, so when it starts using a lot of power the voltage drops and it turns off.
You can also set it to default using the buttons, but I can't remember which ones, maybe it is in the user manual?
The same cables work great with 119
I suggest making the wifi by default, but after 3 minutes, turn it off automatically!
I didn't see that on the menu !!

The same cables work great with 119
The A119 only records 1 channel instead of 3, so it uses a lot less power.

Reactions: Mtz
The A119 only records 1 channel instead of 3, so it uses a lot less power.
I need a switch for one camera 139 !!
Current 120mA
--------------------------------------------------
The switch was made, everything is OK, the problem was in the USB power supply connector

Last edited:
Hold the video lock button and WiFi button to reset the camera, the 4 LEDs will be blinking while resetting.
It is clear, but - does not solve the problem, you still need to turn on the wifi !!
making the wifi by default, but after 3 minutes, turn it off automatically!

Last edited:
There is a "boot delay" setting in the A139 app menu though I haven't tried it. Wifi isn't needed for normal use and it adds to cam heat and power drain so it should (and does) default to "off".

Phil

Wifi isn't needed for normal use and it adds to cam heat and power drain so it should (and does) default to "off".
I have a different opinion, when starting the car, I must make sure that 139 is working normally, so by default the wifi turned on, then it turned off automatically.
This is even in cheap cameras and is very convenient !!

The lights and audible beeps or voice in the cam will indicate that the A139 is started and recording properly. Wifi is not necessary to be sure of that.

Phil

I have noticed in the A139 when you turn on wifi it are still recording when you get connected with the APP, the SG cameras i have tried as i recall need you to start recording again once you get connected with the APP.
As far as i recall anyway i might be mistaken as the wifi are not something i mess around with that much.

If wifi on can be done with power on i see no reason to not implement it and let people have a choice, but if it for instance have a effect on recording quality this must of course be clearly said in the manual.
But i would have it default to off as in most cases people should not do that / have a need to do that i think.

Back